Posts by Abuse_and_Troll_Test

And this is, as i have explained earlier, the problem. It's not right, but bad behaviour.

But as they say, it is how the world works. It's a crazy world we live in. It maybe right or it maybe wrong, but sometimes it just is. You can be mad about it.... I sure am, but neither of us being upset about it today, will not change it tomorrow. It is what it is.

Woltlab could adapt, but has no logical reasoning in doing so while grammarly has.

You quoted the logical reason, though you left out that 1 important finishing line. Allow me to re-add it.

You're also missing a simple thing --- End users (consumers) usually take the path of least resistance and effort. They do not care how or why or for excuses, even if they are justified. From their limit mentality it is either simple and works or it does not. And if it works everywhere, but not in 1 place, they quickly see that 1 place as the problem.

As it stands now, you're site would be that place.

I dont mind loosing a hardcore Grammarly user. In fact a user of my boards would indeed just disable it and complain there instead of me. End users also have loyality Do not underestimate that.

You could not so much as accept me stating the simple fact that I would not be able to use WoltLab in one of the company forums... Much less the many folks who will say nothing, get annoyed over time, and simply go elsewhere. Again the path of least resistance and effort is often the mentality of most consumers.

Grammarly is neither the world nor is it a norm. It's an addon to software. And this software should not be restricted in development just so an addon does work with it. Do you at least understand my argument? As i really find Our arguments unlogical and try to know if you understand why i think so.

I understand your argument, but I also understand that sometimes the bit becomes the source. I also strongly believe I have a better understanding on how normal folks (none administrators, webmasters, developers) preserve and react to the craziest little things.

I'd like to remind you, since it clearly has gone unnoticed, and I just assumed you wanted to have this conversation so I continued it ... But I'll point it out since I think it may have gone unnoticed... I conceded this was not a bug since post #6 on page 1 cannot edit profile post

However, that being said, yes, I would still very much like this to be resolved as I do see the bigger picture of things.

Wow, cars are designed aroud airbags? Hahahahaha No, cars are not designed around airbags, but airbags are designed to comply standards. And beside standards they just need to fit into car desing. If airbag producer will make some specific model which won't fit into card desing - car designer won't change car desing, instead he will choose other model from other producer. And this is how the world works, realistically.

You laugh, but yes, cars are designed around airbags and a few other standard safety features that dictate exactly where those airbags must be installed and what type is required for the car manufacture must comply with, by law.

And I see nobody here beside You who asking about that, so also *not* everyone is expecting to this should be integrated

Because few here are of significance in the larger picture ( cannot edit profile post ) A point of fact, there is only 30 regular posters which is nowhere near a sampling of how many end users there are generally out in the world. However, it does not take a rocket scientist to see the top recommendation on Microsoft Store, Apple Store, Google, Mozilla, and Opera; for a year has recommended and suggest Grammarly as their top picks and highly rated; which can easily assume through even simple reasoning, many folks use it.

A little reductive reasoning goes a long way.

I see that You have problem to understand very simple thing

You're also missing a simple thing --- End users (consumers) usually take the path of least resistance and effort. They do not care how or why or for excuses, even if they are justified. From their limit mentality it is either simple and works or it does not. And if it works everywhere, but not in 1 place, they quickly see that 1 place as the problem.

As it stands now, you're site would be that place.

Grammarly works on every forum not because every forum was developed to be compatible with Grammarly, but Grammarly had to develop their code to be compatible with every forum. And now they need to do the same here :)

This is not discussion about place of steering wheel but rather about should car producer be able to desing his own car, or airbag producer should decide about that for him, just because in other cars this airbag is used. In normal world car producer is doing his own thing, airbag producer (as airbag is addon for car, not car is addon for airbag) if want to be used in that car - must adapt his product.

Now I see that You are trying to say, that one specific addon should decide about some other developers product shape :) I'm dev as well and if anybody would write addon for my app and then after I would for example change/update API for some important reason he would say to me - I won't update my addon, You fix Your app, I would reply probably something like: go to hell :)

Actually, we do have airbags that cars are designed around; because of laws that require safety standards. ;)

I think that is the 2nd time your analogy ended up supporting mine. lol Funny, how that works, eh? :P

If your addon became so popular and widely used, accepted and expected as an integrated part of everyone's daily use that it was common for everyone to use it, then to some extent, yes, you would have some leverage and influence, because everyone would either be trying to compete against you or work with you as not to be left out.

Anyone who did not would be the odd man out. This is how the world works, realistically.

I left xenforo and overall been satisfied with WoltLab Burning Board, just as you have. You'll find that WoltLab is more affordable too. There is no monthly or yearly renewal fees and you continue to receive free upgrades. For example, 4.0 was released back in 2014 and today, nearly 3 years later, they're still releasing free upgrades without any additional cost https://community.woltlab.com/…271-patch-day-2016-10-18/ If I had stayed with xenforo I would have wasted $220 while with WoltLab I paid my original $90 and never had to pay another dime since, unless I want to upgrade to the next major release.

I've saved myself both time and money switching to WoltLab Burning Board :)

Lawl. The issue can't be with woltlab. Grammarly is the addon. It should work with software as this software was intended.

I should ask Grammarly to change their software, cause i want to make an addon for their software and it needs X. Let's see what they say. ;)

Nah, i'm honestly sorry but i can't understand the opinion of those guys there. It just feels wrong and unrealistic. That point of view is just not logical for me and therefore can't be mine. Good that i do not need this software and do not need to worry about it.

I feel like we're debating the value of having your car steering wheel on the left side of the car or the right side of the car. Either way functions, but it really depends on where you are that will determine this.

Where everyone else is; is Grammarly works on every forum development, everywhere, and that point is valid, because it is a point of fact, until proven otherwise. At the moment, Grammarly just simply works, which is why it has become so common and highly recommended by the likes of Google, Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, and Opera.

When you're the odd man out... The world does not change for you, you must change with the world. Or you can fight the world and go completely against the usual norm. That of course is a choice, but it's not usually going to win people over.

I fully agree. This is related to my user argument example "child arguments". But no, i do not need to adapt to them in this special case, as no one in my communities is using Grammarly. And i still think that Grammarly needs to adapt to woltlab. If enough users like you complain there, something will happen. If no one does, nothing happens and it seems like nothing has to happen.

Did you at least try to complain at Grammarly while we are discussing here if woltlab needs to fix it? I really hope so!

I did. They, just like everyone else (no pun intended), said the issue was with WoltLab. A point of fact, only the people here seem to think it is the other way around, which brings me back to my off topic line of thinking

Off topic:

There are times I really wish administrators, webmasters, and developers did not lose their mindset as end users (consumers); as they further their career as administrators, webmasters, and developers. The mentality and the reality of how normal users respond is not the same as administrators, webmasters, and developers. It is for this reason that I feel many of you do not know you're missing the bigger picture sometimes. Your users will not adapt to your needs, you must adapt to theirs. That is the bigger picture that I believe is lost.

But as we are getting off topic now, I digress.

This doesn't change the fact, the app must be developed for windows first. That windows is making it easier, doesn't change the need for it to be developed for it first. Just because Software A works on Mac, every Unix, BSD and Co. doesn't mean windows now need to make it possible that it works there, too - without the app-developer doing anything. The comparision was bad. This is a better one.

Actually, you may not realize it, but you can run Linux Apps in Windows natively now. As I said, Microsoft is adapting to the world, as all people and things must adapt.

We are already three agreeing on this *g*

Off topic:

There are times I really wish administrators, webmasters, and developers did not lose their mindset as end users (consumers); as they further their career as administrators, webmasters, and developers. The mentality and the reality of how normal users respond is not the same as administrators, webmasters, and developers. It is for this reason that I feel many of you do not know you're missing the bigger picture sometimes. Your users will not adapt to your needs, you must adapt to theirs. That is the bigger picture that I believe is lost.

But as we are getting off topic now, I digress.

If some application is not working in eg. Windows that means that Microsoft need to fix Windows or developer should fix his app?

Microsoft thinks so. They have been redesigning Windows as service for 3 years now and often changing key components to fit the needs of developers so that they could incorporate a wider range of possible compatibility for both software and hardware. Point of fact, Red Stone 1 (The Anniversary Build) was designed for better compatibility for what was in the world at the time as widely used or common.

Not the argument you thought you would be supporting, eh? Sometimes the more you know.

No, you don't understand. Software that shall work with something is the software that needs to be made compatible. (Grammarly is the Addon, not WBB!) If you can't accept this fact, there is indeed no further discussion base. There are no perspectives here, as having this perspective is the childish thing. I can't blame XYZ for my software not being compatible with them, i have to make it compatible. There is no perspectives possible if you see it objectivley. Perspective means that it seems to you like it's woltlabs fault, because its the only software it does not work with. But this is incorrect. You can't say it's woltlabs job / fault, just because it's the only software Grammarly is not working with. But you are doing that. And that is wrong.

If this is not argument enough for you, we can go to kindergarden and fight out who is the child ...

You're thinking in the terms of absolute and nothing in life is absolute. Life, as well as software (and hardware), is forever fluid and changing regarding on how things are done or perceived. When something becomes common or widely used, you must adapt; that is the nature of life.

I never attempted to place blame solely onto WoltLab, only stated the simple fact at this time, for one of my communities that I help administrate, WoltLab Burning Board will not fit our needs as they have not yet adapted to something that has become common and widely used. Grammarly is one of the top recommendations for Google, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Windows App Store, and Apple Store. It has been commonly recommended for about a year and while, you, yourself may not use it, it is widely used and not something to simply be ignored.

I would ask that you please try to have your conversation with people in a more civil manner. You get more bees with honey. And I would also hope as a person, you think a bit further outside your comfort zone. No man or woman is island onto his or herself.

Again, I wish you well and have a pleasant day :)

Files

• Capture.PNG

(650.52 kB, downloaded 35 times, last: )

I disagree. This is only your view. Objectively it's Grammarlys Problem and not woltlabs. The argument "But all others", "But everyone else", "Everywhere" are typical child and user arguments and worth nothing.

The only thing childish is your automatic dismissal in a childish manner to the reality of our world. That is when a spade is a spade, it's still a spade everywhere it goes. When something is true, yet your only argument is to belittle those you disagree with, you fail to make a convincing argument and result in calling others children, proving yourself to be the child.

It's OK to disagree and it's OK to have a different perspective, as I previously stated we both clearly have. Which does not invalidate either of our difference of perspective, though from your tantrum, I feel this conversation will go no where.

Have a wonderful day.

It doesn't. Grammarly is Third-Party-Software as addon to those systems.

It is matter of perspective... When you have 1 thing that is compatible with everything, except for another 1 thing, that other 1 thing that is standing alone all by itself is the odd man out. You may not like it, but in this instance, WoltLab is the odd man out, since Grammarly works for everything.

Well, to be honest. Third-Party-Software should be the ones who need to adapt, not the forum software. Therefore it's Grammarly that is buggy with WoltLab ;) How about asking there for support? In my opinion it's their job, not woltlabs. If woltlab needs to use a special editor implementation because they want it like that for whatever, they should raelly NOT refrain from this for some third-party-app. Sorry, my opinion.

It's like that everywhere else.

Since in this case WoltLab is the 3rd party software that does not work with Grammarly, which works with every forum software and including office suites such as Microsoft Office and Libre Office (in beta), that makes WoltLab the odd man out.

It's like that everywhere else.