Posts by BillM8

When a user registers they are sent a confirmation email with their 9 digit registration number.

Can this email be customized to state that entering the registration code confirms the customer has read the site TOS ?
    A link to the site TOS/Rules could be included

I have my own little set of rules page linked in the Main menu, which also has a link to my Hosts TOS page.

This on site set of Rules/TOS could be made very comprehensive.

I am assuming here that the casual passing website reader/browser does not get any cookies.

If I decide to keep this notice and just alter the wording, where would I find this page ?
    Like I say, I have disabled everything that I could find and still popped up until I disabled it in the modules section.

I thought that I had dissabled all of the relevant pages, menus and menu items.

And I am sure that at one time I had succeeded in stopping this text displaying at the bottom of the page.

"This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies."

It appears in chrome code view as "cookiePolicyNoticeText"

I am at my wits end as to how to get rid of it.

No, what I was saying is don't edit any CSS in the main files. Be it using an external editor or the built-in one. There is a section under styles that shows an empty box for adding Extra CSS. Any CSS changes you make should be done by adding the CSS in that box and not altering any main CSS files

Any CSS entries you wanted to edit and change in the core css files, you just copy that css line (class) into the Extra CSS box and make changes to the CSS entries by adding: !important at the end so it overrides the default for it.

So if you want to change only 1 entry in this CSS class for something like margin as an example:

Thank you for that info.
    I always wondered how this worked.

I am pretty familiar with CSS in HTML, but have wondered how using css in php forum pages worked.
    I will have to get experimenting when I have some other stuff sorted out.
    Thanks again.

Just tried looking for it again and can't find it. Perhaps I saw it somewhere else.
    I have been looking all over the place in the past few days getting to know the layout.
    For the most part, I am just getting increasingly lost.

I have my Blog set to no avatar, which gives a round icon with the first 2 letters of my username as identification.
    While exploring WaltLab I thought that I had come across a way of changing the colour of this icon, now that I want it I can't find it.
    Can this be done or am I getting confused with something else ?

Yes I think that I have got that far as I have created a Group 'Bloggers' But I am at a loss as to how to change users from one user group to another.
    When I add a new user, I am only presented with Administators Group, Moderators Group, and now my Bloggers group as choices.
    The other groups are not displayed ?

How can I place a user in one of the other groups shown, and how do I change a user from one group to another ?

I thought that I had done with this.

I have created a usergroup for 'bloggers' and am setting the permissions.

Where I have the options to set the permissions for things like Moderator or Admin access, is it restricted to this group, or whichever group I am working on at the time. Or do these permissions relate to access to the boardwide Moderator and Admin ?