Posts by LoveIsLove

Just quickly ruling out what I suspect is not the issue.

Let us see how this goes.

I cannot comment on Wordpress or rewrite rules as I don't understand that stuff, but the Wordpress and WoltLab software must always be in seperate directories on your server, don;'t merge them!

I understand they must be in independent directories but as good practice you only want 1 htaccess file for your site. I tried to enable the friendly urls for WoltLab and it keeps telling me that my site is incompatible and I assume it is because it is looking at my root directory / as opposed to /community/ Or have I found a bug?

I understand feeling ignored when seeking help. That is a universal understanding. Coincidentally I have also been posting Chinese on another software site and although I am not native in Chinese they too do not ignore me and are glad I make the effort. Here making the effort appears to be offensive and not making the effort results in being ignored.

If you would be so kind and if you could please look into these two thread I would be very grateful.

Replace hotlink photo with url to photo

WordPress and WoltLab rewrite rules incompatable?

All the developers speak English and are helpful. Many of the German members speak English too and post daily in English, so I don't agree about your prejudice comment. Don't forget this is a German company, so for them to speak in our language is excellent. How many of the XF, IPS or vbulletin developers or staff speak German, French or Spanish etc?...

The problem is that the bulk of the knowledge here is contained within the German language threads and even with advances in browser translation technology, the bulk of the understanding of these threads for a non-German speaker is lost.

Obviously, a full instruction manual would help, but I've already given my thoughts on the likelihood of this materialising.

I tried speaking German as a courtesy was basically told to shut up as my German was offensive. So not to be offensive I tried to speak English and was basically ignored on the forum. Minus yourself and two other, I see no one speaking anything other than German, which I seem to not be allowed to do here, and I have received no help.

I am new here and honestly, I am starting to consider going elsewhere. I feel like there is some prejudice going on here simply because I do not speak German. I am not sure if you can read this or not but this is how I feel at the moment. Diskriminierst du Menschen, die Englisch sprechen?

A member here sent me a personal message and told me about xenForo. I know everyone here obviously chose WoltLab for a reason and perhaps that makes you all bias, but I really would like to know why you picked WoltLab over the competition. As I am currently comparing them both I would like to hear how they compare and why you picked this over that. :)

Jupiter I am in agreement with you. I too dislike abusing any company's ticket system. However, I am not finding the support forums here to be as informative or helpful. I have only 2 simple questions open on the forum and they have gone unanswered for nearly 2 days now. They are harmless in nature but if there critical I really would be stuck right about now. A good example is it took me a while just to figure out how to ban someone. I really could have used some documentation.

You state you have an issue?!

I really feel like your not following. I assume English is not your native language. In post #1 I was testing to see if Grammarly was the cause and if disabling Grammarly would resolve the issue. Since the issue remained I posted in post #2 to publicly state that it was not the problem (not the cause of the problem).

Do you understand now?

It appears to be that this is not a general issue, at least on Windows it works using Notepad++. Which editor are you using to copy the contents into the clipboard?

I am using Ubuntu Linux and the editor of choice is gEdit which is the Linux equivalence of notepad (and also the default text editor in most major Linux distros). I have already ruled out the editor since this would be a significant bug to report in the Linux world and found that this issue only repeats here.

I am suspecting that my Firefox extension Grammarly has an incompatibility issue with WoltLab. If so, it would be the first time I have seen it have a compatibility issue anywhere.

Pasted into code wrapper

Code
    # BEGIN WordPress<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine OnRewriteBase /RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-fRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-dRewriteRule . /index.php [L]</IfModule># END WordPress

Select text first then add code wrapper

Code
    # BEGIN WordPress<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine OnRewriteBase /RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-fRewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-dRewriteRule . /index.php [L]</IfModule># END WordPress

I wonder if this was the problem or not. :/

It appears to be working just fine in Firefox 58.0.2 on Windows, tried pasting from various editors. It looks like that the code was pasted from a .htaccess, would you be so kindly to attach it here, so that I can use the same exact source in order to reproduce it?

PS: Don't take my "reverse way" as a suggestion, it is actually the least recommended method.

Attached as requested are both htaccess files I have been working with. One is for WordPress and the other is for WoltLab. I have been trying to merge them into a single file and they do not seem to be compatible with one another. When I inquired about that here that is how I discovered the bug with the code not keeping the layout after submitted in a post. WordPress and WoltLab rewrite rules incompatable?

Files

• htaccess1.zip

(443 Byte, downloaded 69 times, last: )
    • htaccess2.zip

(343 Byte, downloaded 63 times, last: )

Did you insert the code block and then pasted into it, or did you paste the code and then wrapped it using the code button? Also, which browser- and version are you using?

I pressed the code button on the editor and pasted it inside the code box (or as you call it the code wrapper).

Code

Here (above) is me doing it backwards as you suggested. Pasting the code first and then highlighting the text, then pressing the code button. Which means I now have done it both ways.

I am using Firefox v58.0.2 and here is my user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0

I do not want hot-linking on my site but I also do not want to prevent people from sharing photos. My compromise that I was able to do elsewhere was anytime someone typed in this

[img] example.com/photo.jpg [/img]

It would be replaced with

[URL] example.com/photo.jpg [/URL]

So you could link to an image but you could not hotlink directly. This method was a good compromise and was also very user friendly with no warnings or error messages to discourage people with. ;) Is there away to do this in WoltLab?