Posts by Saeed

Hello,

Anchors and in particular custom names/ids are not enabled in the HTML filter and thus are stripped on the server side.

Hello,

As I only use the Suite version on my site, then what should I do? Also Due to the fact that I do not own a license, I cannot ask for this plugin and as far as I have searched in Filebase, there's no such a plugin yet.

What should I do then? Are there any solutions?

Hello,

Whenever I try to use manually anchor links by trying to edit HTML code to what I intend, it does not work.

Let's see what I do at first and how does my texts looks:

Code
    1. <p><a href="#test">Please Go To test ID</a></p>
    2. <p id="test">My Test ID</p>

But when I save my article, it reverts back to this:

Code
    1. <p>Please Go To test ID</p>
    2. <p>My Test ID</p>

I also have changed the first line to this, but it didn't work either:

Code
    1. <a href="#test"><p>Please Go To test ID</p></a>

I'm not sure why it's not saved my preferred modifications.

Could you please help me what should I do in order to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thanks for the reply Alexander Ebert

I should think about the first one you have mentioned later, but regarding the latter, I have removed the teaser and now in the main page of my site I see that lots of characters are considered as that 'fixed number of characters'.

https://prnt.sc/pcy3rn

I'm afraid I cannot find any options to change this number in ACP.

As the teaser's style is bold, I prefer to lessen the numbers of characters fetching from the article.

Hello,

This is my website and I use WSC 3.1.10 pl 2:

https://pythonlearner.ir/artic…%DA%86%DB%8C%D8%B3%D8%AA/

In this article, I have written a teaser to show in the home page but I see that it's still shown in the article page itself which causes to add an extra paragraph.

https://prnt.sc/pc8325

Could you help me how to prevent teaser being shown in the article page? I have not found any options in ACP.

P.N: I think it's called teaser as I see 'wcf.acp.article.teaser' in the phrases corresponds to my translated string. In WordPress it's called Excerpt, so if I'm wrong, then I mean this phrase and definition.

Thanks in advance

Hello Dukemaster and thanks for the reply in Avatar problem

I cannot reply threads in Chit Chat forum, so I reply you here.

do you use a test install or a purchased one, or hacked one, because you are not marked as customer?

I use the free Core software in my website because of two reasons: 1) I do not need forum software at the moment 2) To be frank, I cannot afford the license to be a customer as only purchasing one of 49.99$ products costs me 7M IRR.

Thanks for the solution. I have checked wcf.user.avatar.error.disabled phrase which contained an extra {/if} and I have modified it, so now it's working fine.

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I use WoltLab Suite Core 3.1.10 pl 2 on my website with user-friendly links (Apache 2). Everything is working fine except when I am in https://mysite.ir/user/1 and click on 'Avatar Management', it shows fatal error:

I have checked avatarEdit.tpl template and I have not manually modified it, but I am not sure why I am getting this error.

These are the first seven lines of avatarEdit.tpl file:

Code
    1. {include file='userMenuSidebar'}
    2. {include file='header' __disableAds=true __sidebarLeftHasMenu=true}
    3. {if $__wcf->user->disableAvatar}
    4. <p class="error">{lang}wcf.user.avatar.error.disabled{/lang}</p>
    5. {/if}

I use custom language in my website which is my own translation, and English is disabled globally.

I have manually uploaded an avatar of my own user in ACP, but my future users would probably have the same problem.

Could you help me please how can I solve this?

Regards,

Saeed

Thanks Alexander, so you mean there's no need to add any code to global.php for this mean. That's great.

Then what if I want to add some custom codes and then call in tpl files?

Would you please guide me in this case?

I've googled but seems they did not the trick.

Hello, I'm using WS 3 and want to include some php functions/codes in tpl files. How can I do that?

Assume I want to show server time in footer (/templates/pageFooterCopyright.tpl), I've added something I've googled (I could not find which code I've added unfortunately) that did not work. That code called $date function, I think that was <?php $date ?> or something like this.

Also this is the code I added to global.php:

Code
    1. // Date
    2. $date = date('l jS \of F Y h:i:s A');

Also I've tried this:

Code
    1. {php} //code here{/php}

But that did not work either.

Could you please help me?

Regards

• Hi, my friend is using Suite Forum 5.1 and I'm modifying tpl files directly for him to add something (at this stage the ACP cannot do the thing I want), and I need conditional docs or some conditionals I need:
    • show this only to userid 1
    • show this only to usergroup id 1
    • show this only to usergroup id 1 and 2
    • show this to all users, but userid1 (userid 1 cannot see this)
    • show this to all usergroups, but usergroup id 1 (usergroupd id 1 cannot see this)
    • show this only to members
    • show this only to guests
    • show this only to moderators of forum id 1 (users who are moderators of forum id 1)
    • show this to all moderators
    • show this only in forum id 1
    • show this in all forums
    • show this in all forums, but forum id 1
    • if user is a member, show him (hi, how are you?), else show (please for the sake of Jesus register)
    • if user id is 1 show (hello user id 1), else show this to user id 2 (hello user id 2)

I know after upgrading, all the codes which were added manually will be removed due to files being replaced, but I'm creating a style and having modified my own tpl files.

Thanks in advance

Hi, this is my VPS IP: 178.63.120.232

I tried to download woltlab via wget command, but it showed error which seems my ip is blacklisted or sth else:

Code
    1. [root@root html]# wget https://assets.woltlab.com/release/woltlab-suite-3.1.0.zip
    2. --2018-03-12 17:15:15-- https://assets.woltlab.com/release/woltlab-suite-3.1.0.zip
    3. Resolving assets.woltlab.com... 104.20.124.33, 104.20.125.33
    4. Connecting to assets.woltlab.com|104.20.124.33|:443... connected.
    5. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
    6. 2018-03-12 17:15:16 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

I think it would bother me in the next updates.

Should be anything done by me? Or you?

Nope, I'm complaining nothing.

Just asked to be sure of this matter.

Also take a look at vbulletin.com/forum to see you can use all the features and create thread anywhere you like, even if you do not own valid license or yet you've been using nulled vBulletin on your forum. That's not necessary to tell your website to solve your problem (I've seen lots of people having nulled one but asked and got answers).

But vb.org is that specific one for only licensed members.

I can't create thread in any forums here. In "Help - Customer to Customer", and other forums.

Just I can create in "General" and "Other" sections, like what I did here.

As a non-holder member, can you create a thread for Woltlab Suite 3.0 or 3.0?

In your file manager go to public_html/templates

There are some files containing <head> tag:

• ampHeader.tpl
    • header.tpl

You may see the codes and decide where to put your codes