Posts by Jupiter

Hi everyone,

I've got a artist on my site right now designing a logo for my forum and he is asking all questions I don't understand, such as this:

Is there a way i can have a template off your site, or a copy of the image files that need to be replaced from the forum.

He's designing my logo which will go in the header of every page of my site. Is there a particular size this image should be?

Anything else he needs to know, he is designing all my social media related images too.

thanks

Jupiter

Hi Batarjal,

Purchased your plugin a few weeks ago and just been playing with some settings. I've found a couple of issues I hope you may be able to help with:

1. Currently, I am not able to display genre info, trailers or cast info on any film/tv pages. Will there be a fix for this?

2. In the ACP when creating boxes, the option to select different genres doesn't work. Can you look into this too, please?

Can I make some requests for future updates for this plugin? I'm happy to donate a few euros as an incentive, if you can make this happen.;)

A. When clicking on a film/tv poster, if a discussion already exists for that tv or film on the forum, would it possible to take the user straight to that discussion thread please in the future?

B. Once the bug with the non-display of cast info, trailers and genres is resolved, can this information also be displayed within the forum film/tv discussion posts too, as well as the stand-alone film/tv pages?

thanks

Just as an update to my earlier comments, I went into my browser's options area where it stores the passwords for website logins and I typed the password out again for my site and it all works now. No expired sessions anymore and my password is correctly remembered by the login box.

Don't know if that will help out others or not.

The lack of responses are either than people don't know how to answer your questions, like me, or that you're not a customer and haven't bought the software, so they can't be bothered to reply.

If you post your queries in the pre-sales forum, WoltLab staff might help you. You get official ticket support if you purchase the software. I am going to use the ticket system a lot more now.

I cannot comment on your command of German, obviously if you have made mistakes with some words, it is easy to cause offence.

I was looking back at some old threads from last year when I was talking to the main developer here and I don't think he fully understood what I was really saying. He understood my words, but the words don't always communicate the actual meaning, which can be a "little" problem.

Language is more than just words, it's the meaning behind them and unless you are born with a understanding of a certain language, you can never be fully 100% fluent in a language which is not your own. That said, the German speakers here do pretty damn well!

I went into a house the other day and I "couldn't swing a cat around it." I wonder if non-English speakers understand the meaning of that phrase, or even non-British speakers, for that matter!^^ That's the main problem here, understanding what is meant, rather than what is said/typed.

I think for the end user, "the out of box" look for WoltLab is the best and this is the primary reason I chose it.

Some might say that the design is too simple or minimalist, but I have come to really love this aspect the most. I would say elegant and understated. Anyway, that''s enough of a advert for WoltLab, they can do their own marketing!

All the developers speak English and are helpful. Many of the German members speak English too and post daily in English, so I don't agree about your prejudice comment. Don't forget this is a German company, so for them to speak in our language is excellent. How many of the XF, IPS or vbulletin developers or staff speak German, French or Spanish etc?...

The problem is that the bulk of the knowledge here is contained within the German language threads and even with advances in browser translation technology, the bulk of the understanding of these threads for a non-German speaker is lost.

Obviously, a full instruction manual would help, but I've already given my thoughts on the likelihood of this materialising.

Yes, I created a thread about how to ban last year, because I thought I had clicked the wrong button and told my staff this at the time, making me look a complete fool. In fact, I had set the correct button (permission) but there was an additional "secret" permissions to be set.

In the search box of the ACP, you need to type in, as you probably know by now, "Accessible User Groups." But when I was told this by WoltLab, I just copied the words into the search box and nothing happened. It took me a few minutes to work out.... You type in a few letters of the first word, then the phrase pops up for you to select. It would be helpful, of course, if all this were documented....

:rolleyes:X/

Then you go down to the fourth set of options for "Moderator" and select who the mod can ban, obviously selecting administrator would not be a good idea.

Currently, I need to alter the rules on my site, so I've gone to the "Pages" area of my ACP, but cannot find the page I created. I don't know where the hell it is, obviously not where it should be!

It shouldn't be this hard.:cursing::thumbdown:

My command of the English language is appalling and I'm always making spelling mistakes. For the body of forum posts, this is not a problem as there is a spellchecker, but there doesn't seem to be one for forum thread titles.

Can this be considered, please?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm getting a artist to design me a site logo and wondered if there were any restrictions to using animation within the logo, probably a gif?

Is there anything I should be telling the artist with regards to designing a logo, ie do they need to do a specific version for mobile, does there need to be HD versions etc? Any advice you can give, I would be grateful.

thanks

Hopefully in the next Upgrade of WSC 3.1 and WFS 5.1 Woltlab Software Designers will give this issue serious consideration;

and implement "documentation".

That's a year away. If they were going to do it, they would have done it with 3.1.

In the meantime, all of us can get help through submitting a Technical Support Ticket

I never believe in abusing the ticket system of any company and I think in the ten-ish months I've had the Woltlab software, I've only used the ticket system two or three times. I prefer to post in the forums, as they may provide information for other members.

But as I recently upgraded to RC3 which messed up all my pictures and I have still haven't had a reply on how to sort that out, I may switch from all my queries being made on the forum to the ticket system.

There are so many things I do not know how to use with the WoltLab software, like the boxes system and as said, if a manual were going to come, it would've been here by now, so I'm really left with no other option.

I almost switched to a different software a few weeks ago due to lack of information that WoltLab provide about upgrading to newer versions of software. As I said in another thread, I only wanted to upgrade the Forum, but as I found out, you have to upgrade all apps or none at all. That should be specified on their sales page upfront.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment anymore in this thread as it's a waste of my time.

I'm trying to clean up my site a bit and get rid of unnecessary things. One of the pages I want rid of is called User Search /user-search/which lets you search for users by occupation or location. I can't ever recall a time on forums when I have used such a function, so want it gone, but in the Pages area of the ACP, the options to disable or delete this page are greyed out. Is there anyway around this?

thanks

Which version were you using previously? Were these images inserted using the "original" size before?

Using RC1 previously and the images were inserted full size.

This sounds like you're disallowing guests from viewing avatars, in which case it will fall-back to the default avatar. Since 3.1 this is no longer just a silhouette, but generated avatars based on the username.

No, I've not done that or changed any setting. The guest usergroup can view member's avatars, see here:

One of my mods has informed me that the email notifications he received is showing the avatars as initials as well.

I'm sorry, but can you rephrase the part about the selected table with the rows please? Did you mean that you want to insert a table, or insert a table into a table? Or did you mean "a table which contains 20 rows"?

I inserted a table with 2-3 rows into a forum post and did not see any problem. I then created a new post and inserted a much larger table with 20+ rows and that is when the problem occurred.