Posts by Foxtrek_64

There's a plugin by us, which allows you to dynamically enable and disable it. Just hiding the link doesn't disable the login.

However, I did not port it to WSC 3.1, yet.

Right, I'm not looking to disable login functionality. Only staff will be logging in and they know just to add /login to the end of the url. I just wanted to hide the login button from the front page

I had originally removed the pageHeaderUser declaration from the pageHeader template, but this caused issues with the sidebar on mobile devices because the wcf js failed (could not find the search bar button).

In the pageHeaderUser template, there is an if surrounding the display for the login button: {if !$__disableLoginLink|isset}

I can't seem to find an option for this in the ACP, and searching is inconclusive. Does such a configuration exist?

Also, if I can't configure it in the ACP, is it possible to set the variable in template code? I'd like something like this:

Code
    1. {if !$__disableLoginLink|isset}
    2. {$__disableLoginLink = true}
    3. {/if}
    4. {if !$__disableLoginLink|isset}
    5. <!-- Show login button -->
    6. {/if}

I was able to get an inelegant solution to work:

Code
    1. {if !$__disableLoginLink|isset && $__disableLoginLink|isset}

If there's a more elegant solution to this, do let me know, but this definitely works.

// shameless plug

There are a few plugins out there that will do what you're looking for. Here's the one I use:

It works well and is flexible enough to meet my needs, since I was looking to do something similar (just with me being the only seller, though it has the capability to allow your users to sell things as well). I recommend sending their support guys a message with what you're wanting to do. They'll build a solution for you and let you know how much it'll be. They're extremely helpful and quick to respond to any questions you may have.

Hello,

I created a custom theme for a site I built for a friend of mine. The theme was created using the built-in theme editor, though some changes were made to the page header (remove the page logo, add in a second menu for the navigation bar) and the design for the footer was modified. I can share those changes, but they wouldn't affect this area.

This issue appears to be intermittent. If I'm on the gallery page and then change to responsive design mode in Firefox, the sidebar button works - but only the first time. Clicking the Show Sidebar button and then closing it works as expected, but if I try to click the button again, nothing happens. Additionally, when navigating between pages, the sidebar buttons there don't work either.

I also found that the home page has two Open Sidebar buttons. I'm not entirely sure why but I'll be digging into the templates to find out.

I have confirmed through the help of my client and a few others that this issue affects mobile issues on iOS with Safari and on Android with both Chrome and Firefox.

I've added a gif below to demonstrate the behavior, but I will also provide a link to the site.

(Permanent link to gif: https://imgur.com/a/oIRvWGf)

2018-09-18_09-19-54.gif

Thank you

Hello,

I am wanting to build an alternative landing page for the gallery app. The default landing page (/gallery/image-list) does not fit my needs, so I went and built a new template style page, and I called it GalleryHome.

Leaving the default custom url (galleryhome) alone and changing the menu to point to this new page is functional, but I want my new page to show up as the new gallery root. I tried changing the Gallery app's entry page, but doing this just leaves me with a recursive loop.

After this, I I conceded to allowing the page be accessible under /gallery/featured, but this just turns up a 404 error when I try to access it.

Is there a way that I can get my custom page to show up under /gallery in place of the default entry page for the app?

Hello,

I have an iframe that I embedded into my header template. This works perfectly, but now I need to ensure that it only displays on or after December 12, 2017.

I have the following code for my footer, but I wasn't sure how to adapt it to get a more precise date:

HTML
    1. <a href="{link}{/link}">Copyright &copy; {if TIME_NOW|date:'Y' > 2014}2014-{/if}{TIME_NOW|date:'Y'} <strong>LuzFaltex</strong></a>

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

I'm working on setting up a site that only serves the Ticket System by Darkwood Studios. Currently, when a user who is not logged in accesses the site, they are presented with an Access Denied error. Once they log in, they are granted access to the ticket system (the ticket listing page being set as the home page).

What I would like is for users who are not logged in to be presented with the home page. Once they are logged in, they are sent to the ticket listing. I've tried quite a few configurations but I've yet to find anything that works.

Any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Foxtrek_64

When using the form (and likely other products), on can embed an image. This image can show up as a thumbnail which, when clicked, displays the full-size image in a pop-over. Is there any way to replicate this in a template page?

This is appropriate for cases where a moderator or admin makes a user account for someone else, or for many other reasons.

Basically, a check box is placed both on the user creation form and on the user edit form in the ACP. Checking this checkbox and submitting the form tells the WSC that the user must change their password on the next login. The password will let them in, but before they can access the site, they must perform a password change. For added security, there should be an optional (though on by default) email validation of the password change, perhaps requiring the user to insert a secret code in addition to the new password. This could also tie in with password reset policies.

Also, it would be nice if when creating a user account through the ACP, the administrator could select an option to use a temporary password. This password would be emailed to the user and, when they log in with this password, it requires a password change. In this case, I don't believe it would be necessary to send an additional email as described above (with the secret code). The idea behind this is it would prevent the admin from ever knowing the temporary password to begin with.

Currently, the only way to really achieve this is to set a random password and then not give it to the user, requiring them to log in by using the Change Password button. This is alright, but it seems a bit informal.

The last piece of this, Invite Codes, allows for communities without sign-ups to allow some users to join. This will likely have a permission node for generating codes, 0 for unlimited and n>0 for a limited number (off for no). Once generated, this code could be sent to the prospective user and they could use it to complete the registration form. Currently this is possible, but you would have to create a text control with regex validation for every potential code, or as a pattern. If the pattern is found, anyone can join. This is ignoring the fact that regex isn't the friendliest language to newcomers. I'm not looking for something as complex as something like ToyHou.se referral codes, though one could do that if they wanted. My intent with this piece is to allow a user to register on their own without the admin having to ask them for their choice of username and which email they'd like to use.

Just a handful of suggestions to keep you guys busy 8o

And that is exactly the problem, it used to be with an uppercase "L", but the author changed it in version 2.0.0, causing the already known issue. This messes with quite a lot of things, which is why the only way to fix this, is by capitalizing the "L" again, just what the query in step 2 does.

Oh! It seems I misread and got it backwards. That's what I get for doing site maintenance at 0300. Thanks for the catch!

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I ran into an issue where I had installed a faulty package and it resulted in me being locked out of my site. It allowed guests to access the site, but when a user were to log into the site or log into the ACP, it would throw an error stating that my theme had an undefined index.

Alexander Ebert was very quick in getting me a fix for this issue, which was to run DELETE FROM wcf1_package_update;. This immediately resolved the issue and I saw no issues until just this week. On Friday, I logged onto my site with to find that the site had the same issue. Running over to the database and viewing this table, I had about twenty rows of pending updates. Running the same command resolved the issue.

I was curious as to why this seems to be a recurring issue. Is it because I have not cleaned the file structure from the install which failed? I don't know if the install of the LDAP plugin replaced any files, but it is possible that this is the cause of my issues.

Any assistance on preventing this issue in the future would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Devin

Foxtrek_64

Hello,

I am looking for either template code or php code which I can use to capture a thread's content and render it in a page. Basically, the end result is that I have some static, staff-built pages representing major characters under example.com/characters/character. Some of these characters are player-owned, and as such, they need to have control over the content of their pages. I could build a box that grabs a specific article by ID and then display that box on its appropriate page, but articles and pages both appear to have the same issue: permissions are not granular.

Currently, if I wish to grant Joe User the ability to edit a page, I have to give him the ability to edit all pages. Likewise with articles. The forum system itself excels with these granular permissions. I can deny a user access to an entire category, boards under that category, or an individual thread. As such, what I have done is I've created a category for user-editable pages and created a category for characters, granting the appropriate permissions to the groups (denying visibility to everyone but allowing it for modmins and writers).

I would imagine php would likely be the way to go for this (unless there's template code for it), but is there a way I can address a thread by ID and get its content? This would be for the original post only (so I guess I would be getting the post ID and the thread ID?)

Edit: Not sure why this was marked resolved, but I fixed that. I think I did that when I was half asleep one night.

Thanks,

Fox

I was looking at purchasing professional support because I ran into my first major outage with Woltlab after installing a plugin. With how the Licenses page was set up, it appears that professional support is provided at the license level, not the account level. This made me wonder, especially in regards to other professional service plans, why this was the case. If I were to purchase support from Microsoft, the support is licensed to my account, not the individual products. I would hate to have spent $150 USD to add professional support to one license and then have a major outage on a Woltlab instance under another license. I have three licenses currently, and $150 adds up quickly, especially for a sole proprietorship.

Is this the case that professional support is a per-license addition or does purchasing professional support add it to all of my licenses?