Posts by VoXX

There was an error in the final check out process in the plugin store. I was trying to buy the newsletter plugin a few nights ago but couldn't (I posted about the error in another thread. the good news is I was finally able to buy and download the newsletter plugin. So I'm golden. Thx

Just over 2200 members. I guess the email members function can't send that many.

I'm going to get the newsletter plugin but I was waiting for the plugin store error to be fixed.

I get the following when I try emailing members:

{"className":"wcf\\system\\worker\\MailWorker","loopCount":13,"parameters":{"mailID":"0"},"proceedURL":"https:\/\/.com\/acp\/index.php?user-list\/&s=a3e49991040e42adda63f23be1b128f59f5619dc","progress":28}

WCF::destruct() Unhandled exception: PHP warning in file /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/system/database/Database.class.php (226): PDO::prepare(): MySQL server has gone away

#0 [internal function]: wcf\system\WCF::handleError(2, 'PDO::prepare():...', '/home/duke/publ...', 226, Array)

#1 /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/system/database/Database.class.php(226): PDO->prepare('UPDATE\twcf1_acp...')

#2 /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/data/DatabaseObjectEditor.class.php(68): wcf\system\database\Database->prepareStatement('UPDATE\twcf1_acp...')

#3 /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/data/acp/session/ACPSessionEditor.class.php(42): wcf\data\DatabaseObjectEditor->update(Array)

#4 /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/system/session/SessionHandler.class.php(857): wcf\data\acp\session\ACPSessionEditor->update(Array)

#5 /home/duke/public_html/wcf/lib/system/WCF.class.php(175): wcf\system\session\SessionHandler->update()

#6 [internal function]: wcf\system\WCF::destruct()

#7 {main}

It's referencing the MySQL going away. I guess I need to tweak the database variables?

Okay. I rather liked blocking searches to guest as a passive way to nudge them to register. Any thoughts of adding the option in future builds?

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the search function to guest visitors to the forum? I have clicked around and can't find it, plus I've searched here but nothing. Hopefully, I'm over looking it.

Hi all,

Sorry to post this BUT I can't find where to go to move a post to a different thread. lol I realize it's probably sitting right under my eyes but I can't see where the option is. I know the group settings are set to allow me to do it.

Go easy on me, ;) I'm only 3 days in using BB.

Did that but didnt work.

Warning: require_once(../wcf/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xx/public_html/global.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../wcf/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xx/public_html/global.php on line 13

This how I installed it, it on a cpanel server

Forum: public_html/bb/
    wcf: public_html/wcf/

I want to move the forum (bb dir) to the main:
    Forum: public_html/
    wcf: public_html/wcf/

Yea finally. ;-)

The issue is I'm ready to move the BB forum to the root dir from a sub-directory but when I do it I get errors.

Warning: require_once(/wcf/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in global.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/wcf/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xx/public_html/global.php on line 13

I updated the url path in System > Package > Manage Applications