Posts by tjk

Would be nice to see some options for storage, say to allow Gallery images, or downloads, or post images, etc to be stored in things like Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.or plugin ?

plu

Good luck, I asked for this awhile ago and was voted down. Basic functionality for IPS, Discourse, etc. Not sure why they won't/don't do it, and instead focus on circle avatars and other nonsense like that.

Would be nice to see some options for storage, say to allow Gallery images, or downloads, or post images, etc to be stored in things like Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.

IPB 4.x does this today, which is awesome for folks running a large gallery or that allow tons of images to be uploaded in threads.

Would be nice to see some options for storage, say to allow Gallery images, or downloads, or post images, etc to be stored in things like Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, etc.

IPB 4.x does this today, which is awesome for folks running a large gallery or that allow tons of images to be uploaded in threads.

Quite the setup, is this all for WBB?! If so, my sort of admin! Care to share the URL of your forum? Awesome stuff, scalability is a passion of mine.

Tim, why would it change on a forum with zero activity on it though?

I literally just have a forum, with me only, and an rss reader, that posts maybe 4 or 5 messages once a day.

That refresh order should not change for hot threads when nothing is happening on the forums.

Hi All,

Looking for any examples to anyone running a FAQ, Knowledgebase, or wiki add-on for WBB.

The goal is to have an area where we can build content, allow admins/senior users to add to it, collaborate. Also want to make sure the add-on has good SEO features, like good meta tag support and so on.

Any suggestions and anyone running it live and can share your URL?

Thanks!

OP or Adam, not you.

You won't spot him there unless it's under an alias. He got booted from the IPS site LONG before his XF fallout occurred.

Wonder what forum base he is hanging out on now...was an interesting cat to say the least. He's redirecting his old site to Linus tech forums, lol.

Cache is just a cache and not a static content.
    Once the cache deleted or destroyed, then auto recompiled by the app (WBB) and cached as new.
    So no worries about loosing important content.

Fully get it on the read only cache, I read (wrong) that you were also going to cache your SQL db on ramdisk.

Tom

#1 I'm getting some weird stuff from one of my rss feeds after the upgrade, see attached.

#2 If you hit F5 or refresh that forum, it now rotates between the top 3 posts, moves IBM Expands Cloud...to 3rd position, moves IBM Cloud Delivers to 1st, and IBM Add Second Cloud to 2nd, hit F5/refresh again and it rotates them all up a position again. I tried this with both blue default templates as well, same behavior.