Beiträge von spurrious

A few hours ago cpu usage on my shared host server started to rise and then maxed out the cpu. The host can only tell me an internal process is the cause. It is a small forum site with about 90 member and has been running well until the cpu spike. I can not access the ACP via the web but I can get to the host cPanel.

Things I have tried:

Killed the running PHP processes. No effect.

Restored a backup database to last nights version. No effect.

Ideas?

I beg your pardon, but how does your version differ? After all it is all about repeating the same procedure with each installed application and the instructions already mention the required .htaccess.

This isn't meant offensive in any way, I appreciate any hints to improve the instructions, but I fail to understand the difference, to me it is just a rephrased version?

Your instructions say to "Upload the file to the main directory of your Burning Board installation." It is never even implied to upload it else where so it is factually incorrect when applied to another application. So it's not simply a rephrase it is a correction and a clairfication.

If it said : Upload the file to the directory of each application." it would be correct but still not as clear.

Resolved but suggest a change in the instructions for clarity.

Reads: In case you have more than one application installation, you must repeat the instructions below for each application.

Should read: If you have more than one application installed (Blog, Gallery, Calendar, etc.), you must also upload the htaccess file into that application's directory.

Setting up user friendly URLs

Question: Why would the designer tell me to use a file that will not work?

Sorry if I'm being dense...this is just not making any sense. I've done exactly what the instructions say to do in the link above.

There is no mention in the instructions of deleting any index files or having to completely re-write the htaccess file.

This is the one the software designer says to use and is the one I was using. It worked fine until I installed the Blog.

Do you mean htaccess has to be in the same directory as the blog as well as the root directory? I didn't do that when I added the Calendar and it seems to work just fine. Included in the directory I understand....add to an application I don't understand. How do you add a standalone file like htaccess to an application file?

Is it possible to rename "Conversations" to "Messages"? It's easy enough to do on the menu but at the very top of the page it still says "Conversations". I get questions all the time asking how to send a message because WBB uses the nonstandard term Conversations.

When I try to upload and install com.woltlab.calendar.tar It seems to complete the upload (100%) but then I'm getting this error: Uploading of specified file has failed.

It appears to me the problem is not with the upload itself but the actual installation of the package.