Beiträge von spaced

Is it possible to remove the requirement for email when people registering on the forum ?

And give the option to add it from their user settings. Just like Reddit does it.

I feel there are more advantages than disadvantages having this option.

I have 2 usergroups and I want them to have their own background when a user posts.

For example when a person is in usergroup A inside his posts there is background inside.

If a person from usergroup B posts the image is differet.

People in other usergroups don't have any changes.

here for example where I want to add the image for background.

is this going to work in robots txt ?

User-Agent: *
    Disallow: /18-rss-category-name

Update

nop it doesnt work

I did this

Code
    Disallow: /index.php/Board/18-rss-category-name/

but the topics inside changes the board to threads

and are something like this

Code
    index.php/Thread/116-This-is-test/

so my robots command is useless here.

Hi thank you for the reply, I have finally figure it out, here is what I did I hope this way this way is OK.

I made a new .php file and copied the content of TwitterUserOptionOutput.class.php

I name the new file the same way myfileUserOptionOutput.class.php
    and here in red is what I replaced

and in properties - > PHP Class Name for Output the following wcf\system\option\user\myfileUserOptionOutput(without .class.php that was causing the error I think)

Ok here is where I'm stuck

I tried to copy the php from twitter wcf\system\option\user\TwitterUserOptionOutput

I made a file with a name I want and name it FILE.php

I copied all the code from TwitterUserOptionOutput.php and replace the twitter links with the website I want to link too.

I add the file location in PHP Class Name for Output but I'm getting an error when I submit Unable to find the specified class.

Hello all, I'm stuck at this point, I tried several options but I can't figure it out.

I want my members when they join the website to add their username from a specific website

What I need to know is how to make it so when they type their name it gets linked automaticaly with that other website

For example if they have account on example.com/profile/SPACED

So the members just type their name in the required field (in my case = spaced ) but it links to example.com/profile/SPACED

at the moment in custom user filed, I have it in category contact options and in properties the option type : text.
    members can write their username like this, but of course it doesn't link to their profile.

so my my question where do I put the example.com/profile/ ?

thank you for reading.

thanks for the answers, I will do that too, I was wondering though isn't it possible to just replace the image instead?

Like go here ^wcf/images/avatars/avatar-default.svg$ and upload + replace the avatar-default with my own ?

It seems google trying to quote post and crawl those from my understanding, I see the results as access denied (403) in the webmasters page.

It doesn't make sense that it's trying to crawl quoted posts. How do I stop them from doing that ?

I have check the links, and the quote is always the first message from a post.

OK I have restore my website, I'm trying to install again the calendar but I'm getting an error

I download the update file (instead the setup)

The file name is com.woltlab.calendar.tar.gz when I upload this I'm getting this error Uploading of specified file has failed.

inside this file there is this com.woltlab.calendar.tar Do I extract and upload the .tar or I need to upload the tar.gz instead ?

well my community went offline with an error

Fatal error: An error occured. Sorry. Information: ID: b5f4b014779531c50bd6df436abced24a46cbc8e
    Please send the ID above to the site administrator.
    The error message can be looked up at “ACP » Logs » Errors”.

I have opened a ticket.. I can't access the site now.

I already have the forum installed and just bought calendar to add it to my website, I'm confused with what package I need to download and install on my website because from what I can understand calendar can be installed as a standalone.

Do I download the setup file ? or just the update file instead ?

thank you all.