Beiträge von Sherrie

Thanks very much for your replies :)

With vbulletin I used to censor domains so something like that will always be handy but most importantly I was wondering if there was a way to block that from happening in the first place because it's hidden. I can't censor a domain that I never see.

Finally I got my first scammer spamming everyone through the conversation system!

In vBulletin this was easy to rectify but I can't for the life of me find where I can remove this persons conversations from everyone?

No, exaggeration, they also linked to large images aswell.

I understand it hasn't happened for 15 years but neither has been embedding YouTube videos.

This person is relatively new, so I guess time will tell but I can't assume they're trolling. They do understand the problem so hopefully it won't be an issue again.

But obviously if you wanted to troll that would be a good way to do it especially to stop people on mobile devices in their tracks.

Forums been pretty spam free to date but it's starting to happen again where someone repeatedly make accounts and post spam one after the other. It's ok when I'm around as I can ban their ipaddress from accessing my website but sucks waking up in the morning to it.

It's very frustrating one post with 50 YouTube embeds will cause your browser grief and mobile/iPads especially. My iPad wouldn't load it and gave me an error. I had to delete the tags one by one, I quickly found out they're automatically detected as they were just put back after I submitted. So I had to do it all over again then go to more options and turn off automatically detect links which worked! But you have to remember whenever you edit that post again to turn off automatically detect links again or you're back at square one. I found out the hard way!

Hello

I want to know if there is a way I can limit the amount of media tags users can use in a post. I have a users posting at least 50 youtube videos in one post. I'm sure you can imagine how much a persons browser appreciates that. I'm not sure if its intentional or not as they're a new user, so even if I can get them to stop I would like to know if there is a way I can prevent it in the future.

Thanks

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam vitae quam eget tortor placerat porta dignissim eu metus. Donec consectetur quam ut pretium interdum. Ut bibendum imperdiet lobortis. Praesent vulputate vel orci sagittis pharetra. Sed id condimentum sapien. Maecenas at eros fermentum mauris egestas cursus. Curabitur v :) itae accumsan libero. Sed ornare magna vitae dui sollicitudin commodo. Pellentesque nec vestibulum purus. Suspendisse cursus sodales odio, nec maximus libero consectetur quis. Praesent mollis magna ante, eget tristique felis ultrices in. Sed ut consectetur mauris. Pellentesque dictum dolor interdum orci finibus luctus. :D :|

Sed vitae sapien in mauris pretium laoreet et vitae purus. Nam a risus dui. Sed at elit facilisis, convallis quam interdum, egestas enim. Duis tempor consectetur porttitor. Phasellus ut elit quis risus dictum ornare vitae ac ligula. Integer efficitur vel augue in auctor. Donec aliquam bibendum nisl, a maximus est maximus nec. Proin posuere dolor quis interdum condimentum.

----------

Ok first smiley worked, second two went to end of paragraph. I'm using iPad iOS 9.2 safari browser

Ok I have a problem with copying and pasting tables from a previous post, this problem is replicated here.

I am using windows 8.1 and Chrome Version 47.0.2526.111 m

What happens is that when you copy and paste table is loses the last column in the last row and no longer works. I know how to get around it but it doesn't really help with people not confident using BBCode

1 2 3 4 5

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but here privacy is important so it's not something you generally see. For example someone perhaps Adam/Aslan was looking for a plugin to read people's private messages. A lot of people were not keen on the idea, I think someone eventually made one not sure. I'm just explaining why there might not be one already.

There is iptools which I use to replace some of what was missing from vbulletin but I don't think there's anything that tracks activity like that.