But would still be nice to have a delete it now option also.
Yes. Administrator should be able to prune log files manually.
Could you please make the administrator able to prune sessions and log files manually through ACP?
i-MSCP, you are completely wrong. Black Star changed the link assigned to the logo (if you click on it) to a specific forum as he stated out in first post. He does not want to change the logo itself.
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought he talked about the logo resource link.
Connect to the ACP, then go to the customization section, then to the Syles section. On the right widow, click on the theme title, then in the Global settings of the theme, you should be able to edit link of the logo or upload new logo. There are two logo: Page logo for browser and one another for mobile devices. You should be able to edit link for both.
Good morning Alexander Ebert
We have updated as follows:
Update from Woltlab Burning Board 4.1 to Woltlab suite 3.0, then from Woltlab suite 3.0 to Woltlab suite 3.1
Update from Woltlab Filebase 2.1 to Woltlab Filebase 3.0, then from Woltlab Filebase 3.0 to Woltlab Filebase 3.1
- Enable the maintenance mode for the Woltlab production instance
- Create a new SQL database for the Woltlab maintenance instance
- Create a new SQL user for the Woltlab maintenance instance with all privileges on the Woltlab maintenance instance database
- Create a new subdomain for the Woltlab maintenance instance
- Make an SQL dump of the Woltlab production instance database: mysqldump -u <user> -p <woltlab_production_database> > /usr/local/src/woltlab.sql
- Restore the SQL dump into the Woltlab maintenance instance database: mysql -u <user> -p <woltlab_maintenance_database> < /usr/local/src/woltlab.sql
- Update both the domain name and cookie domain according the Woltlab maintenance instance domain (applications), and also the WCF UUID:
- Copy all Web files from the Woltlab production instance to the Woltlab maintenance instance: cp -Rp <woltlab_production_instance_path>/htdocs/* <woltlab_maintenance_instance_path>/htdocs/
- Update SQL database name and SQL user, including password into the <woltlab_maintenance_instance_path>/htdocs//wcf/config.inc.php file
- Remove cache files for the Woltlab maintenance instance: rm -r <new_instance_path>/htdocs/wcf/wcf/cache/cache.*
- Remove the wcf/options.inc.php file for the Woltlab maintenance instance: rm <woltlab_maintenance_instance_path>/htdocs//wcf/options.inc.php
- Connect to the ACP of the Woltlab maintenance instance to switch back to default cache provider (filesystem), it was APC (3rd-party provider)
- Reload the php7.0-fpm service: service php7.0-fpm reload
- Uninstall any non-woltlab plugin for the Woltlab maintenance instance
- Update Woltlab maintenance instance to Woltlab Suite 3.0 (We need first add the required woltlab update servers: vortex)
- Rebuilt all data
- Update Woltlab maintenance instance to Woltlab Suite 3.1 (We need first add the required woltlab update servers: tornado)
- Rebuilt all data
- Install required plugins: Daily Visitors from web-produktion
- In the styles section of the Woltlab maintenance instance, update the logo and max-width (from 1400 to 1600)
- In the language section of the Woltlab maintenance instance, replace any Filebase phrase by Plugin-Store
- In the menu section of the Woltlab maintenance instance, add missing external menus
- Install the Redis server and setup the redis cache provider for the Woltlab maintenance instance
SWITCH TO PRODUCTION
- Enable protected area (htaccess) for the Woltlab production instance
- Make a full backup of the Woltlab production instance Web files: cp -Rp <woltlab_production_instance_path>/htdocs /usr/local/src/woltlab-backup
- Remove allWoltlab prodution instance Web files: rm -r <woltlab_production_instance_path>/htdocs/*
- Copy all Web files from the Woltlab maintenance instance to the Woltlab production instance: cp -Rp <woltlab_maintenance_instance_path>/htdocs/* <woltlab_production_instance_path>/htdocs/
- Update both the domain name and cookie domain according the Woltlab production instance domain (applications)
- Disable the protected area (htaccess) for the Woltlab production instance
Note: We have generated a new WCF UUID using the following script: generate_wcf_uuid.php:
As you can read, we have cleared the cache through the ACP. However it seem that some compiled templates from older version were not removed. To solve the issue, we have deleted them manually through SSH, then, we have triggered a cache clearing again. You should maybe have a further look at this issue. When clearing cache, any file from the target directory should be removed. Note that permissions on the compiled templates were all correct.
We finally updated. https://i-mscp.net/
There are still adjustement to perform but...
That is maybe the last time that we purchase new licenses for your softwares because seriously, there are not real value between Woltlab Suite 3.0 and 3.1, specially for Filebase... The changes made between the version 3.0 and 3.1 do not justify the price charged for the license extensions... You're talking about new features while as developers, we only see bugfixes and small review/enhancement of existent features
There is currently no import function for the filebase. We recommend the regular update process instead.
For the cost and license extension that you ask, this is a bit annoying... We would expect an exporter/importer. But according the short answer you made, I don't think that you care much...
Filebase module make us able to sell our products. In return, we are able to purchase your products.. You see what I mean here? If that layer is not supported we cannot longer rely on your software.
We differentiate between minor (change of the third digit in the version number) and major updates (change of the first or second digit). Minor updates only contain bug fixes and are always free of charge. Major updates are paid updates that include new and improved features.
A complete list of the changes of version 3.1 can be found here:
Thanks. Before going ahead, could you say us if there are exporter/importer for both Woltlab Forum and Filebase? We want migrate respectively from 4.1.x (forum) and 2.1.x (filebase). We cannot follow normal update path as we have ton of plugin that we cannot uninstall. See
I'm now wondering if I don't need to uninstall the dependent plugins first to be able to uninstall the other plugins, that is, those with a gray cross. What I'll do first is to replicate the current installation on a vm, then try upgrade to version 3.0 first. Is that the road I should take?
We are client of your products. We have bought the version 4.1.x of the WoltLab Burning Board which is still in production on our servers (lack of time for update process), and also the version 5.x of the WoltLab Suite Forum (Burning Board).
We've also bought the version 2.1.x of the WoltLab Suite Filebase which is still in production on our servers and also the version 3.0.x.
We've just saw that a new version of your Woltlab suite was released (Serie 3.1.x). At this regard, even if we are not against paying for license extensions of these products, some questions still remain:
- Why do we need bought a license extension for such a minor version?
- What is the real value provided by such minor version exactly?
From our side, we generally considere a minor version as a bugfixes release with few enhancement and after reading the CHANGELOG, we don't see any real value or enhancement that can explain for license extensions. For instance, for the filebase suit, we would be really happy to pay a license extension, or even a new full license for a fully featured billing layer. What is the state regarding that billing layer?
Don't take our sentence wrong, We're not blaming you for selling of your products. We would just want get some clarifications regarding your billing process.
We need to upgrade our current installation of WBB 4.1.x and Filebase 2.1.x to latest versions (Woltlab Suite). Because we have installed many plugins that would cause issues while simple upgrade, we want process a fresh installation of both WBB and Filebase and then import data from the old installation.
Question: Is there any importer for Filebase 2.1.x to 3.x? And if not, is there any alternative?
Edit: After a small search, I found out that there is no importer for Filebase... Well, we will give a try with the standard update path by first disabling all plugins.
I'm also interested by the answer
We are currently using WBB 4.1 and Filebase 2.1... Now we see new WoltLab Suite product available.
- Is WoltLab Suite Forum same as WBB 4.1?
- Is WoltLab Suite Filebase same as Filebase 2.1?
If no, can we update easily from WBB 4.1 to new WoltLab Suite (core, forum and filebase)?
Is there a specific price for those which have already a license for WBB 4.1 and Filebase 2.1?
- Could you give us a link to improvements that were made in WoltLab Suite Forum compared to WBB 4.1
- Could you give us a link to improvements that were made in WoltLab Suite Filebase compared to Filebase 2.1
Most important for us
- With new WoltLab Suite Core, it is still possible to setup subscription for item through paypal?
Is there any value to also use WoltLab Suite Blog?
I would know if it is possible to target a specific version of a file using the [file][/file] bbcode? Also, it would be great to show date of last released version instead of date of file creation.