Beiträge von Known

I personally don't think that it is freedom of speech since most spam posts are just link backs to another website, making your forum have less relevant content and detracting away users while making the website they have linked in the posts get a better traffic rating due to it have a growing back link list.

You should just wait until WB4 comes out that way you can save a little bit of money, since I don't think that it is that far around the corner. I mean I don't think that it's that needed that you have to buy it soon, but if you do then you can always do what Black Rider said.

So you have tried installing it on localhost and you get stuck on that? Try editing your php.ini file and increase some of the values (can't recall which one needs to be increase for it to install).

Depending on your web hosting provider, most (if not ALL) free ones have limits and Woltlab's installation always is too frequent and the connection is lost. Try installing it on localhost and then exporting and importing the database in your hosting provider's phpmyadmin panel. Then copy the files over and there you go!

If you're using a paid host then this does happen on some of them, but that is your only option to install it sadly.

It's not honestly that hard, and yes I know of a few but they aren't free. Like I said if you want it to work on the free web hosting you'll have to do what I stated, it's the only way to get it to work fully.

Personally Woltlab is better, just a bit hard to get used to than other free forum softwares. The only issue currently is that the install times out on most free web hosts, but there is a way to get around this :)

Depending on your web hosting provider, most (if not ALL) free ones have limits and Woltlab's installation always is too frequent and the connection is lost. Try installing it on localhost and then exporting and importing the database in your hosting provider's phpmyadmin panel. Then copy the files over and there you go!

Yeah it's impossible to install Burning board Lite on those hosts since they limit the amount of speed that you can unpackage something (and I'm guessing that this software needs to specific speed else it times out). You can try to install it on localhost and then transferring over the database and files as they are to a new hoster (or those ones) and then maybe editing the config file it'll work.

You can't install this on 000webhost (due to the fact on how fast WoltLab installs and unpackages itself which is above the limit of 000webhost). Although this error doesn't relate to it, you will occur this error around 25% of installation done.
    For WoltLab Burning Board Lite to be installed on 000webhost you'll need to install it elsewhere, and then copy the files and MySQL database and transfer it over.

Did you make sure that the folders where you are installing it as is 777? Such as if your using that folder setup:
    Make sure that script4 is 777, and so is domains. If that still doesn't work try setting the install.php to 777 as that may also be the problem.

It seems that the whois online isn't packaged with the Lite version, however there is a package you can install which is free and does work.
    http://www.wbb3addons.de/forum/fb/index.…ntry&entryID=65

Are you sure that you are clicking on the General tab and allowing for it to load? The page won't just appear if you hover over it.

I'm not sure where to find the rate thread package is at, and I'm also not sure how to change the folder icons. I'm assuming the icons have to do with the style/theme.