Posts by Riordan

Hello,

Just a question of out curiousity. Since I'm building a site from scratch I got a fresh install of wbb 3.1 with the wbb 2.1 portal addon and the custom pages plugin to work with. The only thing I'm missing now is a custom style/layout and since I'm handy with Photoshop and some of my friends are designers I am eager to start working on a custom style.
    However, since I or my friends cannot code I got to use a style as a basis and the WoltLab Blue Sunrise style (commercial license) works really great since it loads really quick and doesn't use a lot of images. It also works very nice with the wbb 2.1 portal addon and I like the way it's structured. So my question is the following:

Is it allowed to modify the WoltLab Blue Sunrise style (think of it as replacing most images that give the style it's look) and use it on my own wbb 3.1 board? All copyrights will stay intact, it will only be used on my own website and only on my wbb 3.1 board and won't be shared with anyone.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Just to be clear, I will be modying the style myself in Photoshop and won't share or distribute any part of it.

Yeah found it a while after posting my topic. Just had the feeling http://community.woltlab.com/db/index.php?page=Project&projectID=894 was more the "official" portal addon. But that was just a feeling after all. Since the author is a team member etc.

And for some reason I got the custom pages working now :D . The first time it didn't work, the "create page" option just stayed empty, no areas for any input at all. Then I removed it and read it was not supported anymore so I figured it was just broken, probably due to a newer framework version or something else. But it works now and it's exactly what I need :) . So no need for me to look at a custom plugin or something similar I can go on my merry way. I still think a more sophisticated articles/wiki like plugin would be nice though, probably lots of interested people in that.

Hello,

I posted this earlier in the incorrect forum so here goes! Does anyone know an plugin (which is still working) which allows me to create custom pages in wbb 3.1? Or which allows me to create and make articles on a seperate page in wbb 3.1? (Wiki is a good example) There were some plugins for it on the community db (German and English) but those are not supported anymore and do not work with wbb 3.1 at the moment (tried it but failed).

Found a nice Lexicon plugin which kinda serves my needs but it's only available for payment but that part of their website is down for unknown reasons (wbb-security.de). But it's still not exactly what I had in mind.

Got a suggestion to use Infinite Portal from WCF Solutions, but it's 100% in German and to be honest I really like the "official" community portal plugin which is offered here in the Database. Thought of translating it but my German is a bit rusty and I do not have the time to make a translation. The articles system integrated in that Portal plugin from WCF looked really nice though, but would need it as a seperate plugin.

Also found this one http://community.woltlab.com/db/index.php?page=Project&projectID=724 (Custom Pages), which seemed exactly what I would need. However it's not supported anymore and it doesn't work (atleast for me when I tried it).

So my question was, does anyone know such an addon/plugin or has a tip for me? Currently using wbb 3.1 and the portal plugin. Or just a way to make custom pages. I'm making a fansite for a game and I want to put information about it on my website, I have something like the following in my thoughts:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com -> Cataclysm -> Guild Leveling -> Guild Perks
    Like a menu which leads to a page within the forum (header/side portal boxes preserved)

Thanks in advance! Hope I'm clear in what I would require and hope to get some good tips.

Greetings, Riordan

Sorry, you're in the wrong forum here, actually. Please note that:
    Please ask all questions concerning board customizations in the WoltLab-Community (WCom), that has been especially opened up for such things as well as plugins. We only discuss standard WBB 3 features here on this board. You're already registered in the WCom (same login as here). ;)

Yeah figured that, but the Community page (in English) was a bit unclear, since there was a question area indeed but more like "How do I make X" but I cannot code anything, so thought this would be the right place. My apologies for posting it in the wrong area :). Will make a topic over there then, I'm sure people are interested in the plugin I would need.

Another way could be to contact WoltLab and ask for a Plugin like this. You'll have to pay for it, but you get exactly what you want ;)

Didn't know Woltlab is making custom Plugins for a price? If so I would be interested if the price is right ofcourse. Will look into it. Although I'm not sure on contacting Woltlab since my earlier experience was a bad one. Very impolite response to say the least on a question I had regarding my old license.

Been using wbb 3.1 since today and it has changed quite a bit (my first license covered up till wbb 2.2), so no idea where I can find certain files (like language files). Thought about translating it indeed, but my ACP was all messed up after the installation so I decided just to get rid of the plugin for now. If you (or the creator) could point me out to the right file I can do an attempt to translate it.

I do hope that article part will become a seperate plugin though, I'm sure many people would be able to use it since you can use it for anything.

Thanks, tried it but all the language files were missing. Probably because my forum is English and the addon is 100% German. Saw a bit of that article plugin that comes with the portal, I would really like to get my hands on something seperate like that.

Hello,

Does anyone know an plugin (which is still working) which allows me to create custom pages in wbb 3.1? There were some addons for it on the community db (German and English) but those are not supported anymore and do not work with wbb 3.1 at the moment (tried it but failed).

Found a nice Lexicon addon which kinda serves my needs but it's only available for payment but that part of their website is down for unknown reasons (wbb-security.de).

So my question was, does anyone know such an addon/plugin or has a tip for me? Currently using wbb 3.1 and the portal plugin. Or just a way to make custom pages. I'm making a fansite for a game and I want to put information about it on my website, I have something like the following in my thoughts:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com -> Cataclysm -> Guild Leveling -> Guild Perks
    Like a menu which leads to a page within the forum (header/side portal boxes preserved)

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have some questions regarding my old license. I bought my first license in 2004 and it was valid up till version 2.2.3 if I'm correct. However due to the new changes to this site I had to convert my old customer account into a new one. This wasn't an easy proces since I had a lot of problems regarding the password and the thing is I had to use another e-mail adress because I could not access my old account anymore and if I went to register a new account to transfer my old license to, I was in need of another e-mail adress.
    Furthermore, my old forum account also didn't work nor did the password retrieve option. The given password kept being invalid. So I even had to use this new account which came with the creating of a new customer account.

These issues aside, the problem is I cannot access the "old" downloads of the versions I had access to (wbb 2.2.3.) which is kinda a bother since I do need them (for testing purposes on my localhost) and I am entitled to them since I purchased the license for those. Already send a message about this through the contact us form but you might have an answer for me here.

And now my questions regarding the new Wbb3.x and it's license:
    1. What is the difference between Wbb 3.x and Wbb 2 Lite? Is there a comparison chart available? Which options am I missing if I use the free version and what are the pro's and con's between those. What do I get more if I decide to buy Wbb 3.x?
    2. Since I have an older license, I would just need to update it for 39,99 euro. However, I already have an old license (to which I don't have access to the downloads that have to come with that license), is there any discount on buying/upgrading a new license?
    3. Is there a portal addon available (I did see one but coudn't test it ofcourse due to obvious reasons) which allows me to have news on the main page which I post on a certain forum, allows me to arrange the boxes at the sides and has the ability to add custom pages to it?

Thanks in advance for your response, I hope I elaborated my problems in enough detail.