Beiträge von Alex626

Yes, I did it, but the file base is screwed. Maybe its because the forum uses a different language?

I also wonder is there any way to block WBB from opening some pages, for example in mysite,com I have Download DB installed, so it will be available in forum1.mysite.com by the link. But I want to block it there.

I have seen a WebDisk plugin from WBBSecutity, but their site is unresponsible atm. Also, when I try to install Infinite Filebase, no matter what I try - symlink path like mysite.com\>files or just files.mysite.com, I have all language variables lost, and ACP seems like it does not have any css file.

Hmm, I don't see any problem with templates, cache or slyles since these settings are not stored in DB. I have 2 copies of my forum just correctly set up.

But anyway, even if my way works, I want to know more about symlinks. How can I make forum2.examole.com to access WFC?

I tried to do that, and installation was successful. But unfortunately I cannot solve the problem with domains. I will try to explain.

I have my main WBB\WCF installed in mydomain.com. I want my new forum to be accessible at forum.mydomain.com. I make a package update and then I choose the installation folder that is "forum.mydomain.com". Installer notes that it is a wrong path, though still it is possible to install. After install I have my config.inc.php and line which defines WCF path:

PHP
    define('RELATIVE_WCF_DIR', RELATIVE_WBB_DIR.'../mydomain.com/wcf/');

So if I translate it as it is, I have my WCF path as "forum.mydomain.com/../mydomain.com/wcf/", and PHP just returns it as "forum.mydomain.com/mydomain.com/wcf/". It fails and does not even load the styles... But I can still log in with my account at "mydomain.com".

What can I do in order to resolve the problem?

Edit:

I finally found the solution. The way to share user tables does not depend on any WBB installation or WCF situation. It is pretty simple. Just make a new installation of the WBB from ACP, then copy all folders like wcf, images, icons, style and etc. from your site to a new forum location. The key is a config.inc.php inside WCF folder which contains an access information to your database, so both forums use only 1 db.

I tried to share users. It works. I register a user on one of the forums. After I log in at another forum, the user appears in its users list.

Maybe this should be sticked as a solution of sharing the users DB ?

I have 2 questions about my forum.

1) I have a forum and a Wiki for my site and I want to use the shared users table in database. So can I make a cronjob task which will add the newly registered user to Wiki database (basicly inserting new line into it) and rewrite it if user changes password.

2) In my forum I have many subforums, some of them I made not to be shown at general forum. I made an additional Main menu item called "Mod DB" that links to invisible forum area. When I press a button of "Mod DB" the menu highlights a "Forum" button. I know that its because my button opens page of forum, but for example I know that all subforums in this category are belong to "boardID=168". Can I change the settings in a way where menu will highlight a "Mod DB" button if the current thread or page is a subforum of forum with ID=168 ?

Or maybe there is another way to do that ?

3) My Main menu does not highlight "Filebase" button (Downloaden datenbank plugin). What's a problem with that ?

Hello there !

I have another question relative to Wiki plugins. I have a WBB based website and a Wiki powered by wikimedia engine. I have seen the plugin which listens the wiki engine and shows 5 newest articles on a portal page. Also this plugin (or maybe different) connects the site database to Wiki db and each registered user on the site automatically registers on Wiki. Is there a possibility that these pkuigns will be released on that site ?