Posts by snowsteve

Is there a plugin which will automatically re-size images when users upload them?

I know I can just limit the file size, but then if a user doesn't understand or have the ability to re-size their photos then it can put them off uploading.

In case you don't understand, eg. when you upload a photo to Facebook it loses some quality and re-sizes the images automatically.

Thanks

I've just installed the forum, gallery, blog and calendar. I've created the .htaccess file.

With URL Rewrites enabled the forum works fine, but the blog, gallery and calendar don't work.

I can get to eg. www.example.com/calendar/ but www.example.com/calendar/daily/2015/3/6/ gives an error "The link you are trying to reach is no longer available or invalid."

Turn off URL Rewrites and it works fine.

Please can you let me know if (1) does the URL rewrite option work with gallery/blog/calendar; and (2) if it does please confirm what the .htaccess file should be.

Thanks

Steve

Hi

I posted a reply to this thread but it doesn't appear to show up anywhere so not sure if anyone else has seen it.

The problem didn't have a solution, and now I have the same problem, so wondered if anyone has any ideas?

I uploaded the "upload" folder contents, ran test.php successfully, then after clicking to install.php I get the fatal error. I'm on paid hosting and have successfully installed the same download on our server already.

Should any particular php plugins/modules be activated in order to be able to install it?

Thanks

Steve

Hi guys

I've just upgraded two of my forums from Burning Board Lite to Burning Board 4.0.8.

Both forums now work as expected except for the web address of one of them.

One forum forces the www. (which is what I want)

One forum removes the www. (I don't want this)

I've followed the same process with both upgrades and looked through loads of the settings and I can't see how to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks, and Merry Christmas!!

Steve

Thanks guys.

New question though... now I seem to be able to post on the Burning Board 4 forum... but my account has been changed to German and I can't see how to change it back to English - any advice?

Steve

I've just bought Burning Board 4...

1) Is it possible to turn off the sidebar?
    2) I don't seem to be able to post my question in your forum for Burning Board 4??

Thanks

Steve

I've been having a problem with spam users joining and adding a username and setting a personal website as this obviously generates a link for them. I've updated the settings so that the link isn't displayed on the Member List, but I can't remove it from the profile page itself. The ideal solution would be to remove it from the "edit profile" form so that users cannot enter one in the first place.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks

Ok, so I managed to find something in German which helped me a lot. If anybody is having difficulty upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1 you need to add a new update server...

Go to Packages > Add New Server then add a server called "http://update.woltlab.com/tempest/" and leave the user name/password blank.

Then run automatic updates again and you'll get a whole load of new updates including 2.0 to 2.1, and then you can install the plugin "Recaptcha Support" which gives you the updated captcha.

I've been using version 2.0 but the captcha stopped working and I couldn't get it to update to 2.1 so I could install recaptcha.

I have now installed BB Lite 2.1 and was going to use the importer to move all the data but it gives this error: "Database tables with the given installation number could not be found."

But I checked the old database and all the tables start either "wbb1_1" or "wcf1" so I can only assume that it was installation number 1 when the forum was created.

I have now realised that the data importer I am using is called "Burning Board 2.x / Burning Board Lite 1.0.x" so doesn't refer to Burning Board Lite 2.x.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I've tried searching for an importer from BB Lite 2.0 to 2.1 but I can't find one anywhere!

If it doesn't exist, what would happen if I just pointed the new installation to the old database?

Steve

I was wondering if it's possile to take just the poll part of the a thread and place it on the home page of my website to encourage people to vote even if they don't visit the forum?

If it's not possible in Lite, is it possible in the full version?

Thanks