Beiträge von PolUser

Introduced changes are very nice, but I also feel that much of them are under the hood, nothing really big from users point of view. Some kind of reactions would be really a nice idea, accelerating user engagement and interaction with site... Maybe it's not too late to consider such addition?

I'm always a little bit sceptical when somebody suggest to use addons/plugins, because in my ~10 years experience in forum software almost always sooner or later I had problems when new version of system was released and plugin author abandoned his addon. Some very small options or enhancements are OK for me as plugins, but because of this risk I'm trying to avoid addons with big and important options for community - lose of such addon after upgrade is too painful to users. That's why I'm feeling that important & big functionalities should be a part of core.

Anyhow I like WSC/WBB so no doubt that I will extend license - WoltLab Suite is high quality product worth every penny ;)

Contact form is maybe useful, but in specific cases, in last 10 years users had no problem to just write e-mail if they really need to contact me. I won't believe that somebody who need to contact me - gave up because of no contact form and also I can imagine that too easy way to contact me will result with a lot of negligible complaints eg. on conflict with other user, so I will probably not going to enable it. But that is related to the type of community - in one contact form will be very helpful, in other - not.

Thanks for sharing informations about new features and looking forward for further news :)

Thanks guys for help :)

Tim Düsterhus - tested Your fix - it's OK, thanks :D (I'm completing translation on localhost, so it was no problem for me to check and no risk ;) )

marcbelgique - plurals in Polish language are a little bit crazy ;)

Result of my example is:

- minutę temu (one minute ago)

- 2 minuty temu

- 3 minuty temu

- 4 minuty temu

- 5 minut temu

- 6 minut temu

- 22 minuty temu

- 23 minuty temu

- 24 minuty temu

- 25 minut temu

Unfortunately I have to use this construction nearly for anything - minutes, hours, posts, replies, comments... My brain hurts when I need to fit this construction to every case 8o I still need to do some finetuning (112, 113, 114, 212, 213, 214, etc. will give wrong plural form, but for example this is not needed for minutes, because they will be replaced to hours anyway, etc.), but for most cases this construction is OK ;)

My translation is ready (still only for Forum), I'm just checking it now and that's why I spotted this one ;) I'm going to release it hopefull in next days ;) Thanks for fixing this Tim Düsterhus :)

Weird one...

I'm using for my language complicated formulas (for plurals).

For example:

Code
    <item name="wcf.date.relative.minutes"><![CDATA[{if $minutes == 1}minutę{else}{if ($minutes > 4 && $minutes < 22) || (($minutes % 10 == 1 || $minutes % 10 == 5 || $minutes % 10 == 6 || $minutes % 10 == 7 || $minutes % 10 == 8 || $minutes % 10 == 9 || $minutes % 10 == 0) && $minutes > 4)}{#$minutes} minut{else}{#$minutes} minuty{/if}{/if} temu]]></item>

For some reason it is working correctly just for a moment, for example I see at my profile:

But after ~second correct phrase is replaced with:

In Chrome console I can read:

Code
    /wbb5/js/WoltLabSuite/Core/Template.js:45 Parse error on line 1:
    ...= 1}minutę{else}{if ($minutes > 4 && $mi
    -----------------------^
    Expecting 'T_ANY', 'T_WS', '=', 'T_VARIABLE', 'T_VARIABLE_NAME', 'T_QUOTED_STRING', got '('

Not sure if it is bug, but for a moment phrase is correct...

Translation updated to WBB 4.1.12, sorry for delay - it was because there were a lot of small changes in English translation again. English translation is a base for my Polish translation, so every change had to be checked. That was more than 360 differences. I'm hoping that it's the last big wave of changes in English translation...

With current update I have also checked Polish translation for latest Tapatalk and Modern Shoutbox - there were no changes between versions, so old XML files are still valid and correct.

PS: I have started to update polish translation against WBB 5.

Translation updated to WBB 4.1.11 (a lot of changes based on changes in English translation, ~200 lines updated, 2 days of work - need to compare files to catch differences), updated translations for Modern Shoutbox and Tapatalk extensions, added translation for Thread: Merge double posts extension.
    Updated archive in first post.

Still fighting...

I found AJAX Debugger for Chrome and I started to look for differences when submitting post between localhost and my LiteSpeed web server

Localhost, where post censoring works fine

Important thing: post censoring is working with 431 error, probably this is critical

Me web server where post censoring is failing

Important consideration: there is no POST error - no 431 error, response is 200 OK, despite error 412 in Response Object
    Thus it looks like AJAX that error is not catched and script goes at it is OK

I think that because error 431 is not triggered (instead 200 OK), script is going further. Without stopping it - post is going through WBB.min.js to part:
    this._successMessageNonVisible = 'wbb.post.moderation.redirect';

Message is not visible, so it shows wbb.post.moderation.redirect (exactly: Your post requires manual approval and will not be displayed until then.)

This 431 error whould be triggered from wcf\lib\system\exception\AJAXException.class.php
    Somehow it is not generated.

Question is why it doesn't work, what can block it, how to change configuration on web server or fix this somehow.

After months of investigation and looking for solution I'm nowhere near fixing this :(

Additional (related) problem:
    If Flood Prevention is enabled in User Group configuration - same situation is happening - if I will try to write post faster that Flood Prevention time - I got message that post need to be accepted by moderators (not true) and post content disappearing from quick reply editor

Something is messing up situation when WBB is trying to show red bar in Quick Reply editor.

With my hosting company we have tried to set up new VPS web serwer with updated configuration (also with php 7.0.3) and result was exacxtly the same. Tested both cache modes: filesystem and memcache, without difference.

WBB support tried to help, but finally we came to conclusion that (maybe) this is related to some mod_security rules.
    Anyway LiteSpeed working with mod_security in his way, also there are no errors related to mod_security in error.log

Hosting company gave up. I'm stuck. Maybe somebody is able to setup some web server with LiteSpeed to confirm this on default setup? Or maybe somebody have other idea to fix this somehow?

Hi There :)

I'm looking for a programmer who would be interested in creating plugin which would help moderators to deal with posts reports.

Now if post is reported by any user - when moderator is viewing thread - reported post is not distinguished in any way. Also moderator cannot do anything with report straight from thread view. He need to go to moderation control panel.

The problem arises when there are many reports in one thread. When moderator is resolving first report - he cannot see further reports, he can resolve them only one by one, which is slowing down his work.

Plugin idea:

If some post in thread view is reported and if user got Administrator or Moderator rights - show eg. exclamation mark or some other icon which would show to administrator or moderator that post is reported.

This mark/icon could be here:

(bottom bar with buttons is not good place, because it is hidden and it is showed on mouse over post)

Eventually additionally post content background could be coloured in light red (easier to see), still for administrators and moderators only.

After mouse click on this icon/exclamation mark plugin woukd show menu with options:
    - Edit Post (this would start inline edit just like Edit button)
    - Delete Report (this would Delete Report - which mark report as done, AJAX needed here - without reloading website, after this action icon should change to something that indicates that report is done)
    - Go to Report (switch to Moderation Panel to selected report).

If somedoby know IPB 3.4 - this is generally idea like there :whistling:
    Added screenshots from IPB to show how this function is working there ;)

If some experienced programmer would be interested - please contact me with Your offer

Some update on this:
    Looks like new polls are without \", just "

I decided to update database with something like this:

Diff
    UPDATE ipb_polls
    SET choices = REPLACE (choices, '\\\"', '\"')

So this would be fixed for me, eventually stays as suggestion.

I still got problems with correct votes count, I see no way to recount votes at IPB to fix "votes" column there and no way in WBB to recount votes to fix it after conversion.

I also would like to see this change. At my community we are adding next replies to existing topics. Some of them are even 8 years old.

With current RSS implementation I have:
    - link, but to first page/first post of thread which can have eg. 50 pages - to see new reply user must then switch to last page...
    - date, but for latest post
    - content, but despite date - it is content from first post, which sometimes is extremely old
    - no information about author of reply

Currently this way of broadcasting RSS is maybe useful for boards where there are mostly new topics added constantly, but if board is expanding old topics - it's not very useful...

Second thing that I spotted on conversion from IPB to WBB is that not all polls are imported and I found reason.

After conversion I got only 44 polls from nearly 500 converted. After looking into IPB database I found that choices field can be reason for that.

I got 44 polls which looks like that:

Code
    a:1:{i:1;a:3:{s:8:"question";s:14:"How old Are You?";s:6:"choice";a:6:{i:1;s:5:"10-15";i:2;s:5:"16-20";i:3;s:5:"21-25";i:4;s:5:"26-30";i:5;s:5:"30-50";i:6;s:11:"Above 50";}s:5:"votes";a:6:{i:1;i:13;i:2;i:22;i:3;i:27;i:4;i:12;i:5;i:20;i:6;i:2;}}}

And all other are like this:

Code
    a:1:{i:1;a:3:{s:8:\"question\";s:14:\"Best  HDTV\";s:6:\"choice\";a:12:{i:1;s:6:\"TVP HD\";i:2;s:13:\"TVN HD/TVS HD\";i:3;s:6:\"MGM HD\";i:4;s:10:\"Filmbox HD\";i:5;s:6:\"HBO HD\";i:6;s:9:\"nSport HD\";i:7;s:20:\"Canal+ Sport/Film HD\";i:8;s:15:\"Polsat Sport HD\";i:9;s:12:\"Eurosport HD\";i:10;s:12:\"Discovery HD\";i:11;s:22:\"National Geographic HD\";i:12;s:7:\"MTVN HD\";}s:5:\"votes\";a:12:{i:1;s:2:\"23\";i:2;s:1:\"4\";i:3;s:1:\"2\";i:4;s:1:\"5\";i:5;s:1:\"7\";i:6;s:1:\"4\";i:7;s:2:\"14\";i:8;s:1:\"7\";i:9;s:2:\"17\";i:10;s:2:\"20\";i:11;s:2:\"16\";i:12;s:1:\"3\";}}}

There are "\" chars, so looks like polls can be with quote char or with combination \" - In second case poll is not imported at all.

PS: Second thing - I saw that "votes" field in IPB database is not always is counting votes correctly, dunno why, but this is resulting:

Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/zmjeh3.jpg

Maybe instead of importing this field safer would be re-count imported votes?

Some time ago I suggested some improvements for Importer when dealing with import from IPB 3.4.x ( Importer: some bugs and ideas to improve data import from IPB 3.4.x ).
    Most of them are now fixed - thanks :D (I replaced file IPB3xExporter.class.php and run conversion again today), but I spotted two issues. I will create separate threads for them as second one is more complicated.

First issue: quotes are missing author name. In original post in IPB it looks like this

Code
    [quote name="some name" post="1107085" timestamp="1457168868"]Content[/quote]

In database this is saved as:

Code
    <blockquote  class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="some name" data-cid="1107085" data-time="1457168868">Content</blockquote>

After conversion I got in WBB:

Code
    [quote]Content[/quote]

Generally I see in database two kind of quote types - with blockquote tag shown above and simple BBCode [quote name="some name"].

It is possible that there was some change in the way of dealing with quotes at some time in IPB and thus two kinds are present in my database.

I'm still fighting with this, I have working code, but I'm failing to login when I'm trying to run it from main domain.

My situation looks like this:
    Board URL is: forum.example.com
    I want to login into board from main domain - example.com

I created bridge which looks like this:

This is saved ad t_login.php in forum.example.com main directory.

If I run forum.example.com/t_login.php - I'm logged in, everything OK.

But if I'm trying to do curl or file_get_contents from example.com (main domain) - I'm not logged in.

Example of code which I'm trying to run.

I want to add on main site login and password fields and Login button which will log me into forum from main website.

Both example.com and forum.example.com are on the same physical machine, example.com is based on Laravel framework.

Why I'm able to log in from forum.example.com but not from example.com with same method?

Maybe I should change something in my code? loginManually is correct?

I see no option to change cookies domain in WBB config to ".example.com"

Please help :(

Sorry for that, I was afraid that maybe this string is used somewhere else (earlier I spotted same problem for wcf.user.activityPoint and wbb.post.posts and I had to translate it without taking plural into account).

Fixed version below - please check it.

EDIT: File deleted, it was obsolete now, updated version in first post.

Done - translated everything :)
    These extensions are in Plugin Store here? For some reason I failed to find them, so I only translated strings without testing.

If these extensions are free and they are available somewhere for download - please PM me link where to find them so I will check translation on live enviroment ;)