• By your logic their is no difference between h1 - h6 in html5. Heck, why not use only h6? I mean, it's still semantic and all

It is not *my* logic, it is html5 logic. h1 to h6 have only relative weights. In the **same** context, h1 is more important then h2, which is more important then h3 etc.pp, you get the point. But as soon as you nest a new context inside the old context, a new h1 is less important then the h1 on the outside (even less important then a h6 in the higher-level context).

Draw a damn outline, i suggested it to you before. You will see what i mean.

Zitat

But my assumption is backed up by logic and records about Google's previous behaviour before html5

Yes, and Google has never changed it's behavior, it still operates exactly as it did when it launched. Oh wait.

The last few information about Google and <hn>, that can be considered somewhat 'official', are from 2010. In this rapid developing world, you could also say they are from the stone ages, because let's face it, the internet has moved rapidly in the last three years.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ryborg (6. Mai 2013 um 14:54)

• Please tell me the reason why other companies use h3 tags for user names and not h1.

I am not familiar with design decisions made by arbitrary other companies. and it adds absolutely zero value to the discussion, because it does not change html5 specs or anything else.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

• So you are claiming that you know how html5 seo works, but are unable to provide possible reasons why other companies use h3 tags for user names and not h1. As I thought.

I can not see inside the heads of other people and read their minds (oh i wish i could, imagine the power). Why they use h3 tags eludes me, and is absolutely irrelevant to a discussion.

Oh, i see where this is going. instead of arguing you start to mock me. Fine. I'm out ;) Maybe you find someone else to annoy who has time to waste ;)

• I provided you with a reason why h3 tags are better for user names

Except you didn't. All you say is "Others do it, so it *must* be right!". You give no reason at all, why you seem not to understand what an outline of a html document is at all. The semantic correct approach is to use a h1 for the top heading of each section, and use h2...h6 to weight how important a heading is compared to other headings within the same section.

Ofc you can also not use structuring elements at all in your document and use h1...h6 to structure your document. That's fine, too. But when you use structural elements such as section, article etc., it is perfectly fine to use h1 for the major heading in each of these sections.

Speculating why others do things neither helps, nor yields anythings usable in a discussion.

Again, please take the source code of this thread and draw an outline. I am fairly sure the usernames will not be the primary elements on the page. They will be way down in the tree...

• Offizieller Beitrag

HTML5 is completely different compared to previous HTML-versions, headlines are no longer in a global scope unless they're in the very first header element. Each posts is wrapped in an article and within that element all headlines go towards the semantic structure of the article element, not the overall page!

Let's assume this HTML structure:

The structure is now:

• Page Title
    • Page Content
      • Article Title
      • Article Content

• I did some extensive research and maybe I really don't have a clue about html5 seo. Well at least I have learned something from it. Thanks.
    As a token of my defeat I will now dislike my own comment.

We all do that sometimes. Honestly it's not a defeat if you learn and are able to admit that you're wrong.

• I did some extensive research and maybe I really don't have a clue about html5 seo. Well at least I have learned something from it. Thanks.
    As a token of my defeat I will now dislike my own comment.

It's a rare qualitiy to publicly admit one was wrong ;) But it certainly is not a "defeat" ;)

• IMHO (not that it matters much anyway) is I would use the normal H1, H2, H3, H4 and etc as before, and use them according to normal xhtml standards. html5 is constantly removing, re-adding, removing, re-adding things - it's never 100% certain what it wants to do and use. Can't really base a forum software around "what ifs" and "what's going on now, and with what tags?" Personally I'd use H3/H4 tags for usernames and such.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ryborg (6. Mai 2013 um 16:12)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ryborg (6. Mai 2013 um 16:14)

• Yes ure not wrong.
    In SEO aspect its not the best way.

Also there is a Problem with the Session parameter.
    You need to go to Google Webmaster tools and strip these Parameter.
    Otherwise you will have something like this: https://www.google.de/search?q=site%3Astagetwo.eu&aq=f&oq=site%3Astaget&aqs=chrome.2.57j58j59.3601j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=site:stagetwo.eu&ei=Mnl_UaHhOYeRtAbC-IDwAQ&start=120&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45921128,d.Yms&fp=3af1c3575177e2cf&biw=1920&bih=994
    These website is a Test with WCF 2.0

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ryborg (6. Mai 2013 um 16:14)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!