Best WayTo Mimic Facebook / Twitter Style Box Format (On Smartphone Especially) for All Recent Activities (?)

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.3

I have recently begun helping a friend set up a Discourse-based forum, and I see that Discourse has a "Fakebook" style which mimics the look of a Facebook/Twitter timeline especially in mobile / phone format. I want to emphasize that part about the mobile format - I don't care or want my main forum on a big screen to look like facebook, but I would like my existing forum, when viewed on a phone or tablet, to have a scrolling list of all recent posts formated in boxes with at least a part of the text plus any included graphic. Here is a site that uses this style: https://community.bettercentury.org/ If you visit that location on your telephone, you'll see exactly what I am talking about.

Here is a screenshot of that site from my phone, which is really the desired goal. The point is that the format gives a scrolling list of all recent posts with a bordered-box, username, date of post, headline, blurb from text with read more, and a copy of any featured image:

I don't see it on that site, but the Fakebook style also puts icons with a number of likes and responses in a small box at the bottom of each post, so you can get to the likes and/or responses by clicking on those icons

I know that I can set up a landing page in Woltlab which gives me a scrolling list of all recent THREADS, but I am not aware of a theme or a setting that allows me to format the recent POSTS in this kind of Facebook/Twtter style. I am thinking that this kind of format would be highly desirable for my regular users who don't want to wade through the whole forum structure or have to do multiple clicks before seeing recent activities from others from all forums and subforums.

I realize that there would be an issue in deciding whether to focus only on the new/updated threads (like Facebook does) or whether to display each new post separately, even where it is a reply to an earlier post (like Twitter does). So the optimum situation would be to be able to designate which of the two settings is preferred.

But the main issue is that I do not see any style option formatting that would allow me to get this look shown in the clip above.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

• cassiusamicus

Changed the title of the thread from “Best WayTo Mimic Facebook / Twitter Style Box Format for All Recent Activities (?)” to “Best WayTo Mimic Facebook / Twitter Style Box Format (On Smartphone Especially) for All Recent Activities (?)”.