Recurring Paid Subscriptions not working

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.3

Hello,

We are on the latest Woltlab forum, 5.3.4 and have been trying to get the paid subscriptions to work.

When we setup a paid subscription as a one time purchase, it works fine and as intended.

However, when we setup the subscription as a recurring one, the transaction does not show up in the transactions page, and also the user group does not change.

Is there a reason why the recurring subscription does not work and is there a way to fix this?

Thank you.

• Update: I just received a notice from paypal that IPN (instant payment notifications) are failing from the paypal-callback page. Is there a setting or somewhere we can fix this?

• Hello,

Have you by any chance provided an incorrect url for the callback? Do you see the PayPal requests in the access logs of your webserver, the user agent includes "PayPal" or "IPN".

Hi Alexander, thank you for the response.

In terms of a callback url, I did not see any settings for this, therefore this was never set. All I included inside the Woltlab ACP is the paypal email address, and then when creating a Paid Subscription, the checkbox for "recurring" is being checked on.

Again, one time purchases of subscriptions work fine and show up in the "Transactions" list, but when the subscription box is checked off for recurring, it fails to show up in the Transactions.

I don't think this is a settings or configuration issue, and possibly an error in the core code?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 6theory (10. Februar 2021 um 15:58)

• Hi Alexander,

I've figured out the issue, but not sure why it's only an issue for recurring payments.

Everything works fine, however our paypal account has two emails. When the secondary email is used, the IPN fails.

Thanks for the assistance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!