How does one remove a 'timeout session' from woltlab 5.3?

• I was wondering, why does woltlab seem to have no option to turn off auto-sign out alltogether and if there is can one teach me how to do it or add it?

Getting a lot of complaints on it and most want to stay signed in for days at a time or forever untill physically logging out. Thanks :)

• Hello,

to be able to write in the support areas of the Community Forum, you have to verify yourself as a license holder. Log in with the account with which you purchased the license.

As the license holder, you can also activate an additional user for the support areas in your customer area.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Hello,

to be able to write in the support areas of the Community Forum, you have to verify yourself as a license holder. Log in with the account with which you purchased the license.

As the license holder, you can also activate an additional user for the support areas in your customer area.

so we cant just ask normal questions? isnt that a bit strict?

I am not licensed owner or anything, I'm just part of the staff, so just wondering if there was a way to remove the timeout session not asking for codes or anything

• Understandable and this is why we do permit licensees to approve another account for access to the support.

We do not put any anti-consumer mechanisms into our software that phones home or in any other way prevents a legtimate customer from ever using their software. However, this requires us to verify that users are indeed customers to prevent users with pirated copies of the software to take advantage of the paying customers.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Understandable and this is why we do permit licensees to approve another account for access to the support.

We do not put any anti-consumer mechanisms into our software that phones home or in any other way prevents a legtimate customer from ever using their software. However, this requires us to verify that users are indeed customers to prevent users with pirated copies of the software to take advantage of the paying customers.

Thanks that makes sense, I suppose I'll ask the boss to add me as a support!