We are proud to announce the second public beta of WoltLab Suite 5.3. Building upon the success of version 5.2 and featuring many sophisticated improvements and useful new features, this version once again delivers the best possible experience for your community.
WoltLab Suite 5.3 requires the following prerequisites to install and run the software:
- Webserver with PHP 7.0.22 or newer (PHP 7.4+ recommended)
- MySQL 5.5.35 (or newer) / MariaDB 5.5.47 (or newer) / MariaDB 10.0.22 (or newer)
- Current Webbrowser (Chrome 85+, Firefox 81+, Safari 13+, Microsoft Edge 85+)
- Download the installation archive onto your computer.
- Extract the archive.
- Upload the files install.php, test.php and WCFSetup.tar.gz onto your webserver.
- Start the installation by navigating with your webbrowser to the test.php.
Updating from earlier versions
The first beta version explicitly does not support updating from previous versions of our software. Update support will be added with future releases.
Usage and Support
This evaluation version is not suitable for use in production environments, doing so is entirely at your own risk. An update from WoltLab Suite 5.3 Beta 2 to future versions is not guaranteed. You may use these apps for free until November 20th, 2020, if you would like to continue using this software past this date, you'll have to own a valid product license.
We're looking forward to hear your feedback and report of possible issues in this forum.
(*) These is no Beta 2 release of these packages, the Beta 1 is still the most recent version of these products.