vB4 to WoltLab

• Hi, I run a forum which is on vB4 and we've been putting off moving to a new forum software for a couple of years now. We have had WoltLab suite on watch for a while as a suitable alternative and now want to start investigating a move more seriously. As a native English speaker my lack of German language skills has made me hesitant to progress matters, but the community here seems great as does the English language skills of others, and for that I am really grateful!

Current home:

vB4.2.3

Posts 435,000+

Members 4,200+

Hosted on our own hardware

Likely WoltLab requirements (purchase not cloud):

Forum

Calendar

Gallery

Blog

Elasticsearch integration

Branding Free

Possibly LDAP-binding and Filebase too but uncertain about these two at the moment.

We'd want to continue to host on our own hardware.

Additional requirements:

Conversion and setup by Woltlab

Skinning services

So the questions are:

1. Do WoltLab offer an initial online meeting (eg Teams etc) to discuss these requirements, scope and likely cost of such services?
    2. Who do we talk to about skinning services and artwork to enhance the new look the WoltLab layout would provide? Any recommendations?

It would be great if recommendations could come flowing in for the latter and for someone from WoltLab could make contact so that we can arrange a pre-sales meeting to scope everything properly?

Many thanks.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)

• Tealeaf

Changed the title of the thread from “vB4 to WlotLab” to “vB4 to WoltLab”.
  • Hello,

We can discuss every detail in regards to a migration, including a custom style for your site. I would like to suggest that you contact is by email to woltlab@woltlab.com and include a link to your site, we can look into it and provide you with an estimate of the total cost for everything.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thank you, I will send an email this morning and look forward to our discussions.

Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. (Tom Wilson)