Use labels with restrictions depending on forums or any plugin that can help?

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.2

Hi I have got a problem. I need to classify posts so that we have them separated. i was trying to do so with labels but I need difeferent groups to use the labels and at the same time, groups that can use labels in one forum cant do so in another. The thing is I dont know how. Another solution I though was to make a sub forums but it doesnt looks as clean and organized as I'd like... May someone help me with this? Thx.

• Go to Best Answer
  • El Honrado Juan

Changed the title of the thread from “Use tags with restrictions depending on ofrums or any plugin that can help?+” to “Use labels with restrictions depending on forums or any plugin that can help?”.
  • Hi,

you can do some different things:

• first create a label-group
    • create different labels for each group
    • set permission for user-groups which can see this labels
    • set permission for user-groups which can use (set) this labels
    • set the forum(s) where the label-group should be active

All this options you'll find in ACP -> Labels.

Hope that will help you.

Gruß

Jörg

(Jaydee)

• This question goes apart, do u know how to disable negative points? i would like modedrators and donors etc. show its rank even tho they are inactive...

• Ok, so please tell me what's about "negative points".

Do you mean the "activity points"? (like you have currently 88)?

Gruß

Jörg

(Jaydee)

• yeah thats it. Like for example if its negative those points it doesnt shouws u user group rank... I dont want that. (Cuz they can be negative I think.

• Best Answer

You could increase the points for each activity. Or you could change the amount of points for user-ranks.

I think there are different options to keep most users in positive points.

If you don't delete postings all the time or delete points manually, your users should have some positive points.

Registration, writing/posting, create topics, getting reactions.... all of that gives you positive points. (e.g. 1, 5, 10)

You can increase this values if you want.

Gruß

Jörg

(Jaydee)