How to get watermark images to remove watermark when it's disabled?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.2

I recently disabled the watermark feature for images being uploaded to the gallery, however after clearing the software (and even my own browser's) cache, rebuilding images, etc. I can't seem to figure out how to have all of the thumbnails and images get the watermark removed from that were already uploaded.

To be precise, I set "Apply watermark to original image" as "No", but can't seem to get the images to "refresh" to remove the watermark.

Thank you so much!

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • I recently disabled the watermark feature for images being uploaded to the gallery, however after clearing the software (and even my own browser's) cache, rebuilding images, etc. I can't seem to figure out how to have all of the thumbnails and images get the watermark removed from that were already uploaded.

To be precise, I set "Apply watermark to original image" as "No", but can't seem to get the images to "refresh" to remove the watermark.

Thank you so much!

Hello Aquariums,

Your question here about "watermarking" caught my attention because when I had my previous forum I encountered a similar situation as you describe; additionally I enlisted the help of Alexander Ebert of Woltlab regarding the issue of "watermarking" in general, as well as some specific concerns I had with Watermarking.

Due to how "Watermarking" is set up in the Woltlab Forum Software which controls this feature, I decided the best thing for me was to completely forget about using the built-in Watermarking features.

Instead, of those items or photos I wanted "watermarked" for my Forum/Gallery, I did my "watermarking" with my stored computer files

regarding any photo I wanted to bear a "watermark".

This allowed me complete control over just those photos I wanted watermarked, and those which I did not want "watermarked".

TIP for you:

Additionally, from a strictly legal standpoint when this watermarking issue came up I thought I had better contact my attorney.

As it turns out, he suggested I be very careful regarding the whole issue of watermarking.

You can learn much about the legal issues involved regarding this topic by doing some searching on the internet, or, perhaps through your attorney if you have one.

RuffSeas

• Thank you! This is why I accidentally left it enabled but wanted to completely remove it due to the nature of how things play out legally when you watermark someone’s image who may not match the uploaded in some cases (and why I wanted to remove it since it could cause issues later on).

Once watermarked, there's no way to restore the original w/o watermark, from what I know. Otherwise, the gallery would need to keep a copy of the unmodified file somewhere, which isn't the case, I guess.

Interesting, I wonder what that checkbox does than since it notes it doesn’t add the watermark to the “original file” - and I ironically only see the watermark on the thumbnails now and not on the actual image when I view it on full on the album or gallery. I’ll have to keep looking or see if it does store possibly 2x the images (maybe one for original size and then another 2 for thumbnail and watermarking?).

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting, I wonder what that checkbox does than since it notes it doesn’t add the watermark to the “original file” - and I ironically only see the watermark on the thumbnails now and not on the actual image when I view it on full on the album or gallery. I’ll have to keep looking or see if it does store possibly 2x the images (maybe one for original size and then another 2 for thumbnail and watermarking?).

The checkbox works exactly as written. However, if you have just disabled the watermark, it is still present on the generated thumbnails. You will need to generate new thumbnails through the "Rebuild Data" section in your admin panel.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!