Translatable user fields (content)

• Hey! I just wanted to know if the content of a text user field was translatable or could be translatable in multiple languages, please? Like... some fields allow you to translate directly in multiple languages, I'd like users to have access to this for their fields too if they want!

Example: About Me that could have an english AND a german text, and the right language is displayed based on the viewer's set language.

I hope I am understood haha, thank you!

• Oh okay :( Thank you for the reply! I have another quick question... is it possible to make pages like the system ones, that can have a translatable name but share the same url? For example: /members, can be Members but also Membres in french, depending on user language. The content of the page would vary with blocks depending on the language.

I know you can make monolingual pages with multilingual blocks within, but the title of the page isn't translatable... that would help me a lot!

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

CMS pages themselves only offer distinct URLs per language, because having the same page appearing in different languages does confuse search engines. It will cause them to index the page in one language on one day and in the other language on the other day, a true nightmare. We strongly recommend using CMS pages with different URLs per language.

However, system type pages can make use of phrases and thus present different translations based on the interface language while still using the same URL. This is not possible through the UI itself, but must be hand crafted by writing a plugin.

• I managed to do it with a simple database change of the page type to "system". Thank you :D!

Multilingual profile fields responses would be a big plus in international communities, though, I hope it will be a thing someday... thank you for your work!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!