Spam email messages

• A new user in my forum sent spam messages. I became aware because I received many bounced emails titled "Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" . I assume these are member's email addresses that are no longer valid. I banned the user but the undeliverable emails kept coming. I then deleted the user and still I'm getting undeliverable emails returning to my forum email account. Is it possible for the deleted user to keep sending spam? How exactly are they sending these messages because I didn't see see anything in my forum messages inbox?

Message content looks like this:

My Forum

Dear member name,

„katrina“ sent you a message on My forum:

What do you think about ..... without a condom? Write to me - > vk.cc/as76sY

• Is it possible for the deleted user to keep sending spam? How exactly are they sending these messages because I didn't see see anything in my forum messages inbox?

A deleted user can't send conversations from a not existing account. ;)

But in case the account sent enough conversations, your WSC is going to send them in the background.

AND please be sure guests are not allowed to send emails to anyone by having a look at the user group permission. You might also disable that feature for every user - or new registered accounts like that one.

• AND please be sure guests are not allowed to send emails to anyone by having a look at the user group permission. You might also disable that feature for every user - or new registered accounts like that one.

These are my settings, looks like it's set to not allow users to send emails. How could emails have been sent?

• You are looking at the wrong permission, there are two different ones that happen to share the same name, but reside in different categories (Users > Profiles).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• You are looking at the wrong permission, there are two different ones that happen to share the same name, but reside in different categories (Users > Profiles).

I can't find this setting. Please provide more detailed instructions how to get there.