Anything beyond 5.2 planned anytime soon ?

• Hi,

I purchased a license for version 4 a few weeks before version 5 came out, and was extremely disappointed to see that it was not possible to update to the latest version that I didn't even know was planned, nor was there a discount because of that.

So my quetion is : should I purchase a license extension for version 5.2 now, or should I wait for the next big release ? Any idea when that would be due ?

I really don't want to buy this version if the next one is coming in less than a year or so...

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

The introduction of WoltLab Suite 5.2 was paired with the new rental licenses that include access to all new versions and ticket support for one year after purchase. Version 5.3 will be released this year, most likely in the summer, please read Sales Launch and Pricings of WoltLab Suite 5.2 to learn more about the new system and how we schedule releases from now on.

• So, if I understand it correctly, I will receive all updates as long as my subscription is active, whatever version comes along ?

Does it also mean that if I skip a year of subscription, I can simply renew it whenever I want updates again ?

I don't think I need technical support of any kind, so my choice will be entirely based on the update process.

Thank you very much for your quick answer !

EDIT: also, any way to apply my country's VAT (Switzerland - 7.7%) instead of the German one ?

EDIT2: nevermind, automatically applied at checkout. Brilliant !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Weby (1. Februar 2020 um 13:31)

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, if I understand it correctly, I will receive all updates as long as my subscription is active, whatever version comes along ?

Yes, exactly.

Does it also mean that if I skip a year of subscription, I can simply renew it whenever I want updates again ?

Again, yes, that's how it works.

• This is an incredible upgrade from the previous model, and I must really thank you for that !

I'll be sure to check it out later tonight !

Thank you again very much !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!