New Rental license question

• Please forgive my ignorance in this question BUT I need to ask.

If I have a license I never use (which I have one), and I decide not to upgrade to 5.2. Did you guys fix your license agreement that If in two years I renew that one that the license is current regardless of whether I bought every year or skipped a year?

XF blocks updates to newer versions PAST where you expired, BUT if you skipped a year and paid for a license extension you are then given your year and all updates to current.

I just want to clarify whether or not you are going to make those people who yield renewals for a first year because they dont want or need 5.2 pay more to catch up.

• Hello,

You can renew at any time without downsides, upgrading a license from 4.0 -> 5.2 or 5.1 -> 5.2 both yield the same result. The only requirement is that the license is valid for at least Burning Board 4.0 (in general apps for WoltLab Community Framework 2.0 or higher).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Awesome. Thanks for the response. I was just making sure you werent gonna charge a make-up fee for missing years.

Thanks.

I have one license I havent done anything with. Wont need to upgrade until I implement it.