How to remove confirmation link in the email ?

• Hello,

Would you please help mention that how can I remove the confirmation LINK from the emails which is sent after the registration and just keep the activation code?

Thank you

• Dear Ramiru,

Thank you for your reply. Since I am not using the plain text then I believe the solution for me was a little different.

I should have edited this template: email_registerNeedActivation .

All the best.

Al

• SoftCreatR ,

It decreases the SPAM registrations drastically. There are many fake email providers such as mailinator which makes it really easy for smapers to register on the site.

• Such a great idea!

I am living in Austria so I speak Deutsch but my forum is International, does it have any front-end phrases that I would need to translate?

An the other thing is recently in one of my forums (unfortunately powered by Vanilla Forums) there are man spammers from China/Vietnam who are using random gmail addresses. I got crazy to the point which I am manually approve the new users. I believe removing the confirmation link would also help in addition to your plugin.

Apple has switched uses a similar tactic.

• StopForumSpam is in English but Dead-Letter is in Deutsch.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations and also for developing these plugins for WBB. :):thumbup:

• I have used Vanilla forums a couple of years back. And I had to close the board for similar reasons. Too much spam. I only thought they improved. But the case is entirely different with Burning Board.

Smile , it's good for health