Problems migrating from burning board 4.1 to 5.0

• Hello everyone,

I'm here kindly to ask for some answers/support.

Recently (today), we acquired the 3.0 woltlab suite version, to migrate our forum to the latest software version, since the burning board 4.1 is outdated. However, and although the migration process hadn't any problems, some things didn't occur as expected.

We are still on the maintenance mode, struggling to fix this.

First of all, I wanted to know if you offer any type of support in these cases, where is it required special care?

The old layout/style was lost? is there any way to recover it?

Every message is not correctly formatted, it looks like bbcodes are disabled. Do you know how to fix?

Is this warning relevant? Our developer told that set it into "1" should be safer than "2". Is that true?

Last but not least, is it possible to do a backup and repeat the whole process again?

We truly need to re-open the forum gates to our community with some hurry. Can someone help me? Any tips, any resolutions?

Sorry for the inconvenience. Waiting for an answer.

Kindly,

Paulo Almeida

• First of all, I wanted to know if you offer any type of support in these cases, where is it required special care?

Absolutely, in fact the licensee can approve your account in order to gain access to the support: Why Am I Unable to Post in the Community Forum?

The old layout/style was lost? is there any way to recover it?

No, the styles for the Burning Board 4.x series are not compatible at all.

Every message is not correctly formatted, it looks like bbcodes are disabled. Do you know how to fix?

Please run all rebuild tasks in "Management > Maintenance > Rebuild Data" from top to down.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thank you again Alexander Ebert for your valuable coments.
    Everything is working properly now. Next time we must have more care and follow the preparations for any eventual further update /migration.
    Thank you for providing the best services in the market.
    We will re-make our older own style.

Kindly,

Paulo Almeida