Permission to read a thread

• Hello!
    Sorry to bother you. I just with a doubt but i think it's easily to solve. Maybe you can explain me better what i should do.
    I'm recruiting people for my company. Appliers should submit their application on a private section that i create to it. However, to make sure i protect their own privacy, only the owner of the thread can read and reply to his thread, except admins. If i give them posterior permission, for who apply himself, they will can read all the threads created in that section. How can i avoid it?

Looking for an option to mark like "Can read their threads" , as it exists to reply

Can someone help me?

Sorry for the incovenience.

• Hello,

The private forum feature was first introduced in WoltLab Suite Forum 5.1 and is not available in the Burning Board 4.x series. You should consider upgrading your license to get access to the latest version in order to make use of this feature.

Please keep in mind that Burning Board 4.0 is already end of life, and Burning Board 4.1 will only receive security updates until January 2020 (in less than 3 months).

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thank you for the answer Alexander Ebert !

We used this software a long time ago, so it's probably overrated, but still functional.
    Is there a lot of difference between 5.1 to 4.1?

Do i have to pay the total cost of the software, to upgrade to the newest version?

• Is there a lot of difference between 5.1 to 4.1?

Yes, there has been a lot going on:

And the WoltLab Suite 5.2 (version number now matches the forum, hence the bump) is somewhat around the corner:

Do i have to pay the total cost of the software, to upgrade to the newest version?

Licenses for Burning Board 4.x are eligible for a discount, requires you to log in with the account that holds the license and click on "Extend license" in your customer's area. If you're looking forward to use the upcoming version 5.2, it might make sense to wait a bit until it's included in purchases, otherwise feel free to extend the license now.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH