How can I get Grammarly to work?

• Grammarly randomly enables and disables support for various editors as they feel comfortable. It did work for quite a long time until they decided to stop supporting the editor for an unknown reason, refusing to explain anything to us. We did make efforts in the past to work around their block, but because of the way their detection works, this is a battle we cannot win.

If you want to use Grammarly, then please contact their support and ask them, maybe they'll listen to their customers at least.

• You may also try https://languagetool.org/

I don't if it works with WSC, but i heard a lot good opinions about it (but not tried it myself yet)

Viele Grüsse aus Stuttgart, Kind Regards from Stuttgart
    TheSonic / Alex

..:: Excuse me for a while, While I'm wide-eyed, and I'm so damn caught in the middle - Have you wondered for a while. I have a feeling deep down, You're caught in the middle ::..

• I tweeted tagging Woltlab and Grammarly in last July. There was no response to that Tweet. I hope this time there will be some difference.

• I received a very swift response from Grammarly:

I don't understand all that to be honest.

• Isn't WSC 5.2 using Redactor 3? Because from what i know, Redactor 3 has Grammarly support (and an option to disable it since 3.0.7).

No, Redactor 3 is a complete rewrite using vanilla JS, breaking with all existing APIs, therefore WSC 5.2 will use an enhanced and optimized version of Redactor II instead.

Fun fact: Grammarly was supported in Old Redactor, Redactor II and Redactor II with an update (renamed .redactor-editor to .redactor-layer). At some point, Grammarly silently dropped support by blocking it without giving any sort of explanation. Cool, eh?

• Perhaps you should also mention that they should support Redactor II, not (just) Woltlab. Because WSC is using the Redactor II Editor along many other applications.

TheSonic / Alex

..:: Excuse me for a while, While I'm wide-eyed, and I'm so damn caught in the middle - Have you wondered for a while. I have a feeling deep down, You're caught in the middle ::..

• Interesting. I use Grammarly all the time while using Google Chrome, so this is a bummer. ?(

I haven't posted in this site on years. I do lurk the forums even once in a blue moon to keep up to date. I have an expired license with branding-free and want to renew it. I'll wait until WoltLab Suite 5.2 is released. In my opinion, WoltLab is a hidden gem!

Anyway, I felt like posting in this thread. Hopefully, I hope WoltLab supports Grammarly in the future. Adios! :)

• I hope WoltLab supports Grammarly in the future. Adios! :)

Wrong direction :) Hope Grammarly will support Redactor II (and Woltlab) :)

TheSonic / Alex

• Perhaps you should also mention that they should support Redactor II, not (just) Woltlab. Because WSC is using the Redactor II Editor along many other applications.

However, especially since Imperavi (the maker behind Redactor) dropped support for Redactor II, WSC is using a heavily modified/hacked version of it. It is pretty far away from "vanilla" Redactor II with all of its extensions and bogus hacks, so there are (perhaps) certain differences the Grammarly extension has to take into consideration.

return null;

Browser: Firefox Nightly (64bit)

Betriebssystem: Windows 10

• with all of its extensions and bogus hacks, so there are (perhaps) certain differences the Grammarly extension has to take into consideration.

You are right, but we will nevere know that, because Grammarly dropped support for Redactor itself - even for vanilla (exactly what Alex Ebert wrote).

Fun fact: Grammarly was supported in Old Redactor, Redactor II and Redactor II with an update (renamed .redactor-editor to .redactor-layer). At some point, Grammarly silently dropped support by blocking it without giving any sort of explanation.

TheSonic / Alex