secondary User groups

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

I'm in the works of creating groups and ranks but there seems to be not an option like how IPB works.

I want to able to add Three or so users under group "Group A" with the some permissions and colour! But each of those users will also have there own other permissions based on what they do and so they be added under there own ranks for an example user one has "Police Chef" user two has "Fire dep" End results that each of those users be in same kind of group but different ranks..

And so secondary User groups is needed!

• You can do this already, can't you?

Everyone already belongs to the User group, create another group and add whoever you want to it. You can set the priority of that group so it's displayed just like an Administer's rank is displayed. You can pick whichever color you want for your new group in the User Ranks section of your ACP.

Am I missing something?

• You can do this already, can't you?

Everyone already belongs to the User group, create another group and add whoever you want to it. You can set the priority of that group so it's displayed just like an Administer's rank is displayed. You can pick whichever color you want for your new group in the User Ranks section of your ACP.

Am I missing something?

I'm still new at working this out lol and so what's an good priority number then? lets say they in there main group "A" and I added them into group "B" and so what's the priority for group B number

• Offizieller Beitrag

lets say they in there main group "A" and I added them into group "B" and so what's the priority for group B number

Anything you like: The larger the number, the higher is the priority. You need to rebuild the users to mass assign the new ranks to all users, it doesn't refresh them by just editing the group priority for performance reasons.

And being able to make private forums based on the group you are in.

Already implemented in the upcoming version 5.2 :)

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I'm still new at working this out lol and so what's an good priority number then? lets say they in there main group "A" and I added them into group "B" and so what's the priority for group B number

The "Users" usergroup is set to 10 by default, "Moderators" are set at 100 and Administrators are set at 1,000. I would say that anything over 10 should give your secondary usergroup rank priority over the default "User" rank.

• Anything you like: The larger the number, the higher is the priority. You need to rebuild the users to mass assign the new ranks to all users, it doesn't refresh them by just editing the group priority for performance reasons.

Already implemented in the upcoming version 5.2 :)

You are the bomb Alexander. I am glad you take a general consensus of feedback and implement it into the product we want. Now give us 5.2 ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!