Permissions

• Is it possible to create subforums, and that users can see some of those subforums?

For example, user1 can see the entire forum and separate 3 subforums.

User2 can see the whole forum and 1 subforum.

User3 can see the whole forum and 5 subforum.

I want to make a forum, where there are many subforums, and users depend on their permissions to see only certain subforums.

It's for a game where there are many alliances, and I want players to see the entire forum and sub-forum that belongs to their alliance.

But a player can belong to several alliances.

I do not know if you explain me well, thank you

• Hello,

Yes, this is very much possible and evolves around the concept of user groups. Any user can be a member of infinite amounts of user groups and their permissions are combined by picking the most favorable outcome. This means that if at least one of the user's groups can see a forum, the user will be able to see it.

Please feel free to request yourself a free demo and try out the guide Usergroups and Permissions, in particular the section "Example: Setting up an Internal Forum".

What is even better is that you can take advantage of the plugin for moderated user groups, included with the forum app. You can set up a user to be the leader of a group and have them process applications and remove users at their own discretion. This enables you to set up the group, forum section and permissions, and then have the alliance leader organize the membership of that group themselves.

If you have any questions left, please let us know! :)