Non administrators cannot write articles?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

Is there any way to give someone who isn't an administrator the ability to submit an article without giving them access to the ACP?

• It's a pity that there isn't a way to do it with the current version.

Yes PJK; however IF everything were to be included, fixed, and/or corrected in Version 5.1, then the Woltlab Developers would not have to design another version. And that would lead to less money earned from selling new versions; and that would lead to .... well, you get the idea. It is called: CAPITALISM.

• Yes PJK; however IF everything were to be included, fixed, and/or corrected in Version 5.1, then the Woltlab Developers would not have to design another version. And that would lead to less money earned from selling new versions; and that would lead to .... well, you get the idea. It is called: CAPITALISM.

I think the issue is actually just that there's not enough time to put every feature into a new version.

• Is there any way to give someone who isn't an administrator the ability to submit an article without giving them access to the ACP?

For sure. I also gave normal users the permission to write articles in CMS system of my community. No need to make users to admins!

Everything done by User Group Permissions in ACP - Users - User Groups - Users - Administrator Permissions.

1. Give "Users" permission Can access Administration Control Panel. Means: Yes to the very first button under General permissions.

2. Under Content (4th menu item) you have to set Can contribute articles to Yes (and I also set Can use media to Yes, which is pretty good but not necessary at all). If you do so and allow media usuage, you should know that the users can only use media uploaded by the admin, or otherwise, you'll give them also permission to upload their own media (permission Can manage media under the same section).

Ready to lift off....

• For sure. I have three coms and in all of them I give normal users access to write articles in CMS system. No need to make users to admins!

Everything done by User Group Permissions in ACP - Users - User Groups - Users - Administrator Permissions

1. Give them (Users) permission to Can access Administration Control Panel. Yes on the very first button under General permissions

2. Under Content (4th item) you have to set Can contribute articles to Yes (and I also set Can use media to Yes, it's better but not necessary at all)

Ready to lift off....

That can already be done in the current version out and used now, let members create articles from admin cp by giving them admin permission to create articles in the admin backend. But that is not what LogixX is saying. He thought the newer version coming would let members create articles from the frontend, so there is no need to grant normal users admin cp access to create articles

But I have the Alpha nightly build demo version installed he looked at and neither him nor I can see any option for members to create articles from the frontend. So don't know where this "they can do it" came from?

• Sorry, gentlemen, LogixX didn't write one word about future versions and nightly builds. His question was short and easy, I tried to help.

What are you testing and talking about in private conversations I couldn't know, nor imagine.

But, my friends, we all have hopes and wishes that in the next few days a preview version (beta) will be officially published by WoltLab and discussed and reviewed here and there in special forum threads.

Don't worry about the strong words "access to administration area". It sounds like granting access to the inner heart of the software, but in real it's safe like everything else in WoltLab software. Allowing access to administration area/panel doesn't mean granting any administration permissions.

The word sounds like more as it is in reality.

Two years ago we had great discussions about the fact that "administration" sounds like the automatic permission to everything. Those days I made the suggestion to rename menu item "Adminstration" in user control panel to something else in order to prevent arousing desires...;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!