Inserting text after self hosted video ?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

I have inserted the html for a self hosted video by enabling html in the Admin permissions tab.

The video and its poster load just fine and play.
    But, I seem to be unable to display any text beneath the video, yet I can display text above the inserted video.

• I have inserted the html for a self hosted video by enabling html in the Admin permissions tab.

The video and its poster load just fine and play.
    But, I seem to be unable to display any text beneath the video, yet I can display text above the inserted video.

I am NOT sure this is what you need, but perhaps you may want to try it.

If it doesn't work out correctly for you, you can just delete it.

CSS Code:

boxesSidebarRight .boxWithImage {

display: flex;

flex-direction: column;

> .boxTitle {

margin-bottom: 10px;

order: -1;

}

> .boxImage {

margin-bottom: 10px;

}

> .boxContent {

margin-top: 0;

}

}

• Thanks for the info.

But, I think that I will delay doctoring the CSS for as long as possible.
    There must be a more in-house conventional way to do this.
    It would be very odd if you could only insert video at the bottom of the page.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sorry, but this is barely anything to work with, what *exactly* are you doing? I don't see any actual reason why there shouldn't be any text afterwards, maybe the code template that you've used for the video is erroneous?

• Ah! Here it is.

<video width="529" height="329" poster="http://www.somesite.com/images_some_site/posters/poster_pat_condell_hello_angry_losers.jpg" controls preload="none">

<source src="http://www.somesite.com/downloads/pat_condell_hello_angry_losers.mp4" type="video/mp4" />

<source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg" />

• Thank you for that. I had no idea !
    I have been using this code on the main (html) part of my site for years without a problem.

It looks like I am going to have to do a bit of updating.

Thank you again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have been using this code on the main (html) part of my site for years without a problem.

And it could have perfectly worked out for you. Whenever browsers encounter invalid HTML, they try their best to fix it by moving this around and adding tags as they see fit. Most of the time it works pretty well, but there will always be cases where it will either screw up everything or lead to more subtle issues, including but not limited to missing parts of the content.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!