How to get rid of - This site uses cookies.

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

I thought that I had dissabled all of the relevant pages, menus and menu items.

And I am sure that at one time I had succeeded in stopping this text displaying at the bottom of the page.

"This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies."

It appears in chrome code view as "cookiePolicyNoticeText"

I am at my wits end as to how to get rid of it.

• I thought that I had dissabled all of the relevant pages, menus and menu items.

And I am sure that at one time I had succeeded in stopping this text displaying at the bottom of the page.

"This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies."

It appears in chrome code view as "cookiePolicyNoticeText"

I am at my wits end as to how to get rid of it.

Hello BillMB,

I also have thought about this - deleting it or perhaps putting in the Footer my own Title: "COOKIES". (Read what I said below)

You can simply disable it in the modules section in the ACP. But please note, that you may be required to show this information, depending on your local laws.

I understand that deleting this altogether could possibly cause some legal problems.

However, instead of "deleting" :

Perhaps that sentence content could be made shorter by replacing it with one's own Footer notation: "COOKIES".

And the explanation content explaining "use of cookies" edited in such a manner as to make the content much shorter but still cover oneself legally ?

What do you think, SoftCreatR?

• You can simply disable it in the modules section in the ACP. But please note, that you may be required to show this information, depending on your local laws.

I have disabled it in the modules section as you pointed out.
    I am hosted in Panama, so I don't think that I need to display this notice. But I will check.
    Thanks for the info.

• If I decide to keep this notice and just alter the wording, where would I find this page ?
    Like I say, I have disabled everything that I could find and still popped up until I disabled it in the modules section.

• If I decide to keep this notice and just alter the wording, where would I find this page ?
    Like I say, I have disabled everything that I could find and still popped up until I disabled it in the modules section.

Hello BillM8,

Because at the current time I do not have my forum (using Version 5.1) up and running, I will let SoftCreatR or one of the Woltlab Designers answer your question because I don't want to be "guessing" at the answer and thereby leading you to the wrong area.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!