Permissions on the Blog

• I have been quite pleased with myself getting things organised quite quickly with my new Blog software.
    But, I am stuck as to how I can prevent just anyone signing up, and then putting information on my Blog that may do me harm.

I need to be able to get between the Blogger and publication. untill I feel safe with them.
    I suppose that the same is true of comments.

• Just set the right options in the desired Usergroups (registered, unregistered, etc)

ACP -> Users -> Usergroups -> <"unrusted" Usergroup> -> General Permissions -> Blog ->

Can create blog articles: No

Or:

Can create blog articles: Yes AND Can create blog articles without approval: No (So they are able create articles, but you have to approve them)

Maximum Blogs: 0 (They can not create own Blogs)

For comments:

Can create comments: No

Or:

Can create comments: Yes AND Can create comments without approval: No (So they are able create comments, but you have to approve them)

Viele Grüsse aus Stuttgart, Kind Regards from Stuttgart
    TheSonic / Alex

..:: Excuse me for a while, While I'm wide-eyed, and I'm so damn caught in the middle - Have you wondered for a while. I have a feeling deep down, You're caught in the middle ::..

• I do not have a untrusted usergroup, and can not see anything related to creating blogs anywhere ?

I have found the place to moderate the comments and have created a user group 'Probationary' As far as the creating Blogs is concerned I am still struggling to find what does what. The nearest that I can find is moderating the creation of 'Articles' Is that the same ?

• You have to set this for all groups you don't want to post articles or comments.

If they signup, they should be in Users, if they are Guests (not registered / logged-in), they are in the Group Guests.

You may want to create a new group called "Bloggers" or "Trusted Mebers" or what ever you like and give them the rights after you trust them, or

untill I feel safe with them.

TheSonic / Alex

..:: Excuse me for a while, While I'm wide-eyed, and I'm so damn caught in the middle - Have you wondered for a while. I have a feeling deep down, You're caught in the middle ::..

• I thought that I had done with this.

I have created a usergroup for 'bloggers' and am setting the permissions.

Where I have the options to set the permissions for things like Moderator or Admin access, is it restricted to this group, or whichever group I am working on at the time. Or do these permissions relate to access to the boardwide Moderator and Admin ?

• I thought that I had done with this.

I have created a usergroup for 'bloggers' and am setting the permissions.

Where I have the options to set the permissions for things like Moderator or Admin access, is it restricted to this group, or whichever group I am working on at the time. Or do these permissions relate to access to the boardwide Moderator and Admin ?

it's in the same panel, but not in the tab genral permissions. There are extra tabs for moderative and administrative options for each usetgroup.

TheSonic / Alex

• You can restrict group access also via the Blog categories you add, they have their own usergroup permissions for each category that you can set by adding groups which can only access that category

• Yes I think that I have got that far as I have created a Group 'Bloggers' But I am at a loss as to how to change users from one user group to another.
    When I add a new user, I am only presented with Administators Group, Moderators Group, and now my Bloggers group as choices.
    The other groups are not displayed ?

How can I place a user in one of the other groups shown, and how do I change a user from one group to another ?

• you can't .

Guest is a people non connecting

Users is a people connecting with his name and password.

Thus a administrator , moderator or blogger are when connecting a user , they have the right of a user

you must for a guest , choose what a guest can or can not do

you must for a users , choose what a user can or can not do

bloggers have the right of a user and you can add some right more to blogger and the same for moderator or administrator

thus a people is guest if not connecting or user if connecting and more if you want blogger , moderator or administrator

• How can I place a user in one of the other groups shown

You can add either Groups, or even Users to the permissions per category. Lets say if you only wanted certain people to use one Blog category, then don't add any groups and add the usernames of those that can use it. But you can add both Groups and Usernames together do what you said. Try it and see!

You should also get more used to how the main group permission system works. I see you added all groups in the image above to give all member groups access. but you only needed to add Users Group to do that, no need to add Admin and Mod groups as well. And if you only wanted Mods and Admin to use a Blog category, then you would only add them two groups - and not Users group with them. In fact, I'm not sure now if adding just Mod group covers both Moderators and Admin, while Admin group only covers Admins.

Be careful about adding EVERYONE group to a Blog category you want to limit to only certain groups. Everyone, does was it says, gives everyone access, even guests using that permission group added. If you don't want guests to have access to a blog category, then don't add everyone and guest groups.

If you wanted all member groups only to access a blog category, then you only add Users group which covers all members groups