White pages while using php7.1

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

I keep getting white pages whenever I try using php7.1 on my site with WoltLab. I know this is an issue with my host (KnownHost) but I don't know what to tell them to get the problem fixed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Are they not offering 7.2 to use instead. I recently got a shared host again from NameCheap and see default with them now it set at PHP 7.2, with 7.3 as an option to use instead. But 7.2 seems to be the default version your host should be on. So maybe ask them to move you up to PHP 7.2, rather than asking them to fix 7.1 which is no longer latest stable version

• Offizieller Beitrag

A "white page" means that a PHP error happened, but the error was suppressed because of the PHP configuration. The error message should be logged to the error log of the webserver (or PHP, if a dedicated log was configured), when in doubt ask your host, they should be able to point it out.

• I am interested in what all of you in the above posts have commented on regarding PHP because soon I will be launching my newest forum project;

and I have taken note of the previous recommendations by Woltlab Developers - particularly Alexander Ebert - that PHP 7.1 or 7.2 is the preferable version to use.

I contacted my Hosting Provider and they told me I can have them activate any version of PHP of my choice.

Then I did some searching on the Internet regarding PHP, and this is what I could find:

7.1.x is a viable, currently supported version.

The latest supported version is 7.1.20 - but not after September 2019; at that time (October 2020 onward),

7.2.x will be the current, fully supported version of PHP UNTIL Version 7.3

Additionally, Version 7.3 is currently in Beta mode.

No date is given as to exactly when this version will be the "active", fully supported version, of PHP.

So my question:

What should I ask my Hosting Provider to use (set up for me) with regard to the Hosting Plan I have with them:

Version 7.1.x, OR Version 7.2.x, OR 7.2.20 ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ruff Seas WoltLab Suite 3.1 is compatible with PHP 5.5-7.3:

1. Anything below PHP 7.1 should not be used at all. There is absolutely no security support by the PHP developers for these versions.
    2. PHP 7.1 will pretty much always work, making it a safe, but neither recommended nor favorable pick.
    3. PHP 7.2 introduced a few backwards incompatible changes, which may break some old plugins.
    4. PHP 7.3 is the most recent version, but also has a backward incompatible change that may conflict with old plugins.

Our recommendation right now is to use PHP 7.3 and only downgrade to a lower version, if there is an essential plugin that does not run with the selected version. However, you should absolutely always work on getting the latest stable PHP version to work, offering better stability and superior performance.

And most important: Do not use Alpha/Beta/RC versions of PHP in your production environment, unless you are absolutely aware of the consequences and are able to solve any issues that arise. We do not support unstable PHP versions at all.

• Ruff Seas WoltLab Suite 3.1 is compatible with PHP 5.5-7.3:

1. Anything below PHP 7.1 should not be used at all. There is absolutely no security support by the PHP developers for these versions.
    2. PHP 7.1 will pretty much always work, making it a safe, but neither recommended nor favorable pick.
    3. PHP 7.2 introduced a few backwards incompatible changes, which may break some old plugins.
    4. PHP 7.3 is the most recent version, but also has a backward incompatible change that may conflict with old plugins.

Our recommendation right now is to use PHP 7.3 and only downgrade to a lower version, if there is an essential plugin that does not run with the selected version. However, you should absolutely always work on getting the latest stable PHP version to work, offering better stability and superior performance.

And most important: Do not use Alpha/Beta/RC versions of PHP in your production environment, unless you are absolutely aware of the consequences and are able to solve any issues that arise. We do not support unstable PHP versions at all.

Hello Alexander. Thanks for the information you submitted!

For those of you who are interested in even more information, here is a listing of the latest information on PHP from the PHP . net site

(Full URL's are shown below).

Unsupported Historical Releases

We have collected all the official information and code available for past PHP releases. You can find more details on the current release on

our downloads page.

Please note that older releases are listed for archival purposes only, and they are no longer supported.

https://www.php.net/releases/index.php

Newest PHP Release is: 7.1.29

This Version was released on 16 AUG 2018

This Version was released on 30 MAY 2019

**************************************************************************************************************

NEWEST INFORMATION:

Downloads Page URL:

https://www.php.net/downloads.php

https://www.php.net/index.php#id2019-05-30-3

PHP 7.1.30 Released

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.1.30. 

This is a security release.

All PHP 7.1 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.

For source downloads of PHP 7.1.30 please visit our downloads page,

Windows source and binaries can be found on windows.php.net/download/.

The list of changes is recorded in the ChangeLog.

30 May 2019

PHP 7.2.19 Release Announcement

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.2.19.

This is a security release which also contains several minor bug fixes.

All PHP 7.2 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.

For source downloads of PHP 7.2.19 please visit our downloads page,

30 May 2019

PHP 7.3.6 Release Announcement

The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.3.6.

This is a security release which also contains several bug fixes.

All PHP 7.3 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.

For source downloads of PHP 7.3.6 please visit our downloads page,

Current Stable PHP 7.3.6 

30 MAY 2019

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!