How many installations are allowed on a single website?

• I would like to know how many installations are allowed on a website (private links but public website)?

I want to create a few forums for staff team.

Second question: After 2021, will you still release security updates to 4.1?

"I shall create a new world for myself."

Српски превод - Гитхуб

Edited once, last by mich4815162342 ().

• Hello,

One license permits one active installation at a time, it doesn't matter if you run multiple installations on the same host, the license is per instance. You can set up forums to be visible and accessible for selected user groups only, allowing them to discuss things privately, without requiring another installation of the software.

Burning Board 4.1 has almost reached its end of life and is limited to security updates only until January 11th, 2020. There are currently no plans to provide any updates or ticket support past this date. There will be an announcement a few months (up to 6 months) before the security support is finally terminated.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Hello,

One license permits one active installation at a time, it doesn't matter if you run multiple installations on the same host, the license is per instance. You can set up forums to be visible and accessible for selected user groups only, allowing them to discuss things privately, without requiring another installation of the software.

Burning Board 4.1 has almost reached its end of life and is limited to security updates only until January 11th, 2020. There are currently no plans to provide any updates or ticket support past this date. There will be an announcement a few months (up to 6 months) before the security support is finally terminated.

Thank you very much Sir.

"I shall create a new world for myself."

Српски превод - Гитхуб