ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key (for recaptcha)

• I have been trying to input the public and private keys for recaptcha v2 in my admin panel, but I keep getting the following error where the recaptcha is supposed to be on the registration page: ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

I have checked and double checked the numbers, but nothing seems to fix this issue. I even attempted to register a site in recaptcha for the invisible recaptcha, but I get the same error.

• I just said screw it on mine and used Questions and Answers. It is a better Captcha than anything :p

• Maybe any Key restrictions, wrong Domain Name, IP, etc .. Remember that changes may take up to 30 minutes to take effect.

• I have been trying to input the public and private keys for recaptcha v2 in my admin panel, but I keep getting the following error where the recaptcha is supposed to be on the registration page: ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

I have checked and double checked the numbers, but nothing seems to fix this issue. I even attempted to register a site in recaptcha for the invisible recaptcha, but I get the same error.

When I had my last forum acive - using version 3.0.x - I also encountered this problem.

Attention Alexander Ebert: When version 3.2 is released, will we still encounter this problem as described by "kiloseven"?

• Hello,

entering the proper key is all you need to do, possibly kiloseven simply put in the wrong one. To this day there are three different sets of keys for reCAPTCHA that can be requested and each one is for a different version/variant of reCAPTCHA.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Hello,

entering the proper key is all you need to do, possibly kiloseven simply put in the wrong one. To this day there are three different sets of keys for reCAPTCHA that can be requested and each one is for a different version/variant of reCAPTCHA.

Thank you for the explanation!