Have I been hacked?

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

So I had someone create a user account and created a thread and post in my forums. Although the post wasn't an issue, this individual seems to have been able to create a footer/signature area on the bottom of his post with a hyperlink to a site he's promoting.

Now what ever he did, I cannot edit the post to delete this because the post HTML seems to end and the smiley. I've checked my settings in the ACP to see if I've allowed something I shouldn't have and don't see anything at first look. I'm sure deleting the thread will likely fix the situation but I'm more interested in how this user was able to achieve this to begin with. Is this a straight up hack or did I configure something wrong to allow this?

Here's another pic showing the HTML for the link and footer he added.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von evmiller (25. November 2018 um 00:34)

• That's a simple signature of the user. He just put a link inside that signature content.

You can disable this for all users in the user group permissions. Don't know where they were exactly located but you can search in your ACP for "Signature" and you should find the permission settings.

Hint to user group permissions: Usergroups and Permissions

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!