Urgent help needed. Website down. Here is the error log last entry.

• No I cant get more space unless I switch to a VPS or dedicated server. (which is no problem.) however, it will require me to install and move everything.

My only solution is getting the database smaller somehow. Basically buy me some time to install on the new VPS server and copy all the data over.

So I'm open to trying anything.

• are you saying to hit that red button on the right... That scare me to death. it says its going to empty the table.

• are you saying to hit that red button on the right... That scare me to death. it says its going to empty the table.

Yes, truncate will empty the table.

Please make sure you perform this action on the right table and do not delete the table, just truncate it.

• it still is displaying that i have no privileges when i click the database user

Do the error from Post #1 still occurs?

It should be possible to edit the privileges within phpmyadmin. (normally)

Maybe your ISP has revoked write access and it will be granted after some time? (Maybe they check every X Minute, if there is sufficient disk space left)

• So,,,, what exactly did I delete. Im curious

You deleted stored search results.

Every time anyone is searching something on your site the result is temporarily stored so that the result can be visited page by page without performing the same search over and over again.

But those results get already deleted by the software every day, so this only buys you a little bit of time...

• I cant imagine that many people doing searches. Would it be possible for my site to be holding onto those searches and not removing them each day.

• it still is displaying that i have no privileges when i click the database user

Just in case you run into this issue again: 1&1 uses a periodic cronjob to check the database quota. I don't quite remember the exact interval, but I think it takes up to 15 minutes until its rechecked.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• I cant imagine that many people doing searches. Would it be possible for my site to be holding onto those searches and not removing them each day.

No, searches are very specific and bound to a user (so for example an admin can search all internal forums etc).

And search results can change very frequently, so each search gives valid results only for a limited periode of time.

The only reason to store those results in the first place was to reduce the number of time expensive fulltext querys on your mysql server while a user is browsing throu the results.