Forum backup is very large 1.5Gb

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

When I back up the forum in CPanel I always choose full website backup and to make sure I'm not backing up previous backups, I always delete old backups first from /home and then download the new one to my PC..

Even so, the backups are always in the region of 1.4Gb which seems excessive and I'd like to know how to discover why they are so huge. The trash bin is empty.

Many thanks.

:)

• How big is your database?

How many attachments do you have?

Does CPanel maybe backup logfiles (access.log, error.log..?)

• First, make a Database backup. See how big it is. Then, use Filezilla, download the attachment folder and see how big it is through Windows. That should give you an idea what is causing such huge size. If it is AgExpats, it should be this big, not if you are talking about a different forum.

Smile , it's good for health

• ownload the attachment folder

You could also check the size of your attachments via the WoltLab Admin Panel.

In WCF 2.1 -> Content -> Attachments.

In WCF 3.x it should be almost at the exact same location. (I think)

• When I back up the forum in CPanel I always choose full website backup and to make sure I'm not backing up previous backups, I always delete old backups first from /home and then download the new one to my PC..

Even so, the backups are always in the region of 1.4Gb which seems excessive and I'd like to know how to discover why they are so huge. The trash bin is empty.

Many thanks.

:)

Are you talking about the DB backup, or a full site backup?

Wasn't you the one before that wanted to upload large video files. Could it not be that, videos?