End of Google Plus

• Due to lack of consumer interest, Google is pulling the plug for Google Plus. However if you are G+ user, you will get around 10 months to migrate. The final shutdown will happen only by the end of August 2019

Zitat

it has not achieved broad consumer or developer adoption, and has seen limited user interaction with apps. The consumer version of Google+ currently has low usage and engagement: 90 percent of Google+ user sessions are less than five seconds.

Smile , it's good for health

• This might affect third party registrations, because people won't be able to log in using their G+ account (if they don't run a business).

That's a good point. Might be a good time then to remove the G+ button from the Core app in the next update. Not really much use having it there for Google with this happening.

• Yeah I'm starting to waffle on third party sign-in myself. Only seems to transfer a minimal amount of info into users profile and there's nothing stooping them from using the same username and password for my site. Tired of jumping through Facebook and Google's hoops to implement this also. First the Facebook login stopped working for some reason, and now google say's the "Google Sign-in branding" on my site isn't in compliance. I certainly wouldn't be upset if this was stripped out of the product.

• Yeah I'm starting to waffle on third party sign-in myself. Only seems to transfer a minimal amount of info into users profile and there's nothing stooping them from using the same username and password for my site. Tired of jumping through Facebook and Google's hoops to implement this also. First the Facebook login stopped working for some reason, and now google say's the "Google Sign-in branding" on my site isn't in compliance. I certainly wouldn't be upset if this was stripped out of the product.

Yes, that seems to be a problem XenForo have suffered with on and off. These social networking sites like Google and facebook keep changing the login requirements that forums use (breaking things). More trouble than it's worth, it seems to me. Not like people that use social networking sites are that interested in using forums anyhow. Makes you wonder if it's even worth the trouble forums having these social networking site logins - when they keep changing things that breaks it on forums continuously.

• Yes, that seems to be a problem XenForo have suffered with on and off. These social networking sites like Google and facebook keep changing the login requirements that forums use (breaking things). More trouble than it's worth, it seems to me. Not like people that use social networking sites are that interested in using forums anyhow. Makes you wonder if it's even worth the trouble forums having these social networking site logins - when they keep changing things that breaks it on forums continuously.

Does phpBB have a social network login function? I don’t ever remember seeing one on your forum.

• I just played around with Google and ended up with a login that doesn't use Google+ at all. The good news is, that users, who already signed up using G+ can continue logging in after switching. The bad news is, that Google forces you to follow their branding guidelines for the login button. The only allowed way is to use an SVG graphic they provide and the text "Login with Google" next to it, so you are not allowed to use the corresponding icon from the Font Awesome set nor just display the Google logo without the text next to it. There are plenty of other things to follow (such as Equal prominence), but these are the most important.

The closest result i've got so far, using CSS and the provided SVG graphic:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!