Error installing woltlab-suite-3.1.5 locally with EasyPhp

• Hi,

I'm testing the woltlab-suite-3.1.5. I installed it on an online Linux server without issue, but locally with EasyPhp on Windows the installation fails just before the end (test.php says everything is ok).

Here is the error :

woltlab.com/attachment/141057/

The php line at WCF.class.php:776 is the bold one :

Zitat

if (self::$tplObj !== null) {

self::getTPL()->setLanguageID(self::getLanguage()->languageID);

EmailTemplateEngine::getInstance()->setLanguageID(self::getLanguage()->languageID);

}

So I suppose it's related with language... Any idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

this looks very odd indeed, but the stack trace appears to be incomplete, because the above error message occurred while handling an error. It's a bit difficult to locate the error, those full-stack environments such as WAMP, XAMPP or EasyPhp are generally a bit strange and have shown to have glitches every now and then.

I'll look into this issue in the next days or weeks and see if I can find out what causes the error, meanwhile I can only recommend to try a different environment. Given the background that it runs perfectly smooth on thousands of hosts and you had the same experience on an online server, I assume that something with that EasyPhp version is broken and/or misbehaving and is causing these issues.

Thank you for taking your time to report this issue to us!

• those full-stack environments such as WAMP, XAMPP or EasyPhp are generally a bit strange and have shown to have glitches every now and then

I agree. I don't often develop web content but when I tried those environments in the past, I often ended with particular issues.

So I tried XAMPP and Woltlab fully installed! ;)

Now I still have to figure why installation is 10 times slower than with EasyPhp... Looks like it's the fault of MySQL being very slow under this env (6 seconds to drop database wcf...). :rolleyes:

• I did a fresh EasyPHP installation directly on c:\easyPhp and WoltLab Suite installed successfully. ;)

Maybe a permission issue in programFiles even if I had the rights to create/delete content... :/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ChatCureuil (9. Oktober 2018 um 18:19)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

I do recall that the program files folder is quite an issue since Windows 7, eventually XAMPP used to (or still does) recommend to install it into C:/ directly. It's a bit strange though, this doesn't really match the error message. Anyway, if it works now, I would suggest to just ignore, maybe it was really just some messed up permissions?

Thank you for reporting back to us!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!