Plesk buys cPanel

• On August 20th, 2018, cPanel signed an agreement to be acquired by a group led by Oakley Capital (Oakley). The group also owns Plesk and SolusVM.

Source

Smile , it's good for health

This transaction will enable significant investment in new product and feature innovation and will support growth in headcount in Houston, Texas, USA where cPanel will continue to be headquartered.

Houston, we have a problem. :P

• ~10 years ago, i loved cPanel... That changed a lot and i became a Plesk-Fanboy....

The current company is doing a good job on Plesk... I don't know what they have on the plan with cPanel...

Viele Grüsse aus Stuttgart, Kind Regards from Stuttgart
    TheSonic

• Hm, if they do so, there are still features i would love to see implemented in Plesk... (Piping eMails to PHP-Scripts is still something i have to do manually in the configs of the mailserver (not a problem so far) - cPanel has this options since years in its Panel).

Viele Grüsse aus Stuttgart, Kind Regards from Stuttgart
    TheSonic

• Just for the files: What advantages do you see with cPanel today?

It’s just what I know how to use and it’s simple. I’ve never tried Plesk so I don’t know how difficult it is to use.

• Most of us have used cPanel and liked it. I don't know whether there is any particular reason why I like it. As LogixX said, it's simple and easy to use.

Smile , it's good for health

• It’s just what I know how to use and it’s simple. I’ve never tried Plesk so I don’t know how difficult it is to use.

Most of us have used cPanel and liked it. I don't know whether there is any particular reason why I like it. As LogixX said, it's simple and easy to use.

I agree with you both - cPanel is easy to use.

As for Plesk, if it ever comes to having cPanel replaced by Plesk, I would probably give up managing my own website/forum projects entirely.

And IF cPanel were to be discontinued, there would be many unhappy people - me being one of them!