How to add emoji to thread title?

• ?

I increased the font size, but why does my emoji look different than yours?
    Also I see a strange behavior, the emoji floats over menu when I scroll down the thread, see screenshot.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dan1 (22. Juni 2018 um 22:23)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I increased the font size, but why does it look different than yours?

You can imagine that Emojis is nothing more than a letter on the keyboard. If you now use this letter, each operating system interprets this letter "differently". The actual emoji remains the same, but the display depends on the operating system. For example, they look different under macOS than under Windows, whereby the statement behind the emoji always remains the same.

• Still remains the issue of the emojis floating over the top menu.

And why Woltlab doesn't offer native smiley addition to thread titles. It's a standard feature in other forum software.

• And why Woltlab doesn't offer native smiley addition to thread titles. It's a standard feature in other forum software.

What do you mean?

I don't see IPB or XenForo offering the option to insert a smiley with thread title. Not the same way for example, that phpBB lets you choose a smiley icon to use with the topic title displayed on a forum.

• vbulletin does. But I wouldn't go back to vb after using woltlab. Even though I miss some vb features, or better said plugins that are much more important to me than smilies in thread titles.

• Add an emoji font of your choice. Most platforms have their own emoji to support. Microsoft, Ubuntu, Apple etc have different emoji fonts installed by default.

Smile , it's good for health

• why Woltlab doesn't offer native smiley addition to thread titles

You can, if you OS supports input. For eg, Ubuntu comes with native emoji support and input option in core apps

If you are asking for an in-built emoji keyboard, yes, that's not part of Burning Board

Smile , it's good for health

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!