The coolest WoltLab forum I've seen is Black Mesa

• I've been lurking around the Black Mesa Forum since BM was first released as a free mod/remake of Half Life back in 2012 and remember being very impressed by the forum software even then. This brought the WoltLab name to me for the first time and clearly I never forgot.

I like the way the theme has been modified, the slickness of navigation, the glowing buttons and the floating arrow as you move up and down the page. Whoever modded it has done a first class job and it's largely the reason I chose WoltLab Suite in the first place, apart from the price being competitive.

They also have a very robust security system, much like the BM facility itself and you can now logon using Steam.

It got me wondering whether WoltLab should create a showcase page for sites using their software, so that more people become aware of it's availability and finesse.

• It got me wondering whether WoltLab should create a showcase page for sites using their software, so that more people become aware of it's availability and finesse.

The subject has been brought up before and it wont happen for whatever reason(s).

• I've been lurking around the Black Mesa Forum since BM was first released as a free mod/remake of Half Life back in 2012 and remember being very impressed by the forum software even then. This brought the WoltLab name to me for the first time and clearly I never forgot.

I like the way the theme has been modified, the slickness of navigation, the glowing buttons and the floating arrow as you move up and down the page. Whoever modded it has done a first class job and it's largely the reason I chose WoltLab Suite in the first place, apart from the price being competitive.

They also have a very robust security system, much like the BM facility itself and you can now logon using Steam.

It got me wondering whether WoltLab should create a showcase page for sites using their software, so that more people become aware of it's availability and finesse.

I find that surprising considering how many great websites have been put together using this software.

As an aside, I put my forum up in The Admin Zone showcase and have also added my bit in their software section. Flying the flag is never a bad thing as we all need a bit of publicity.

Thanks for the link, now I'll come and see.)))

• I just paid a visit to the Black Mesa forums for the first time in a while, and I'm disappointed to see that they've abandoned WoltLab Suite in favour of open source forum software.

I really don't like the look of it at all, in comparison to what it used to look and feel like. It's not that easy to navigate around either.

I like minimalist, but this is very minimal.

Oh, well. It's their choice.

• I just paid a visit to the Black Mesa forums for the first time in a while, and I'm disappointed to see that they've abandoned WoltLab Suite in favour of open source forum software.

I really don't like the look of it at all, in comparison to what it used to look and feel like. It's not that easy to navigate around either.

I like minimalist, but this is very minimal.

Oh, well. It's their choice.

Yeh, i would never use discourse, does no longer classify as forum software for me. I don't like it at all, usage, design, features, endless scrolling, all weird to use and nothing like a forum. It's just no forum.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!